UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bentley is now 4 weeks old and I am confused now as to what to do. (We are undecided on the name of sooty and Bentley is my choice so until till then bentley it is :laugh: )

The thing is I am really confused as to when starting putting out wet food for him and to place a shallow litter tray for him.

Also Tamiya seems to be playing rather rough with him. She grabs him and pins him to start flicking him with her back paws and occasionally he squeaks like its hurting. Should I step in and stop her or is she just telling him off for misbehaving xxx

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I like both names! Must admit I do like Sooty. I think it brings back memories of sooty and sweep. Loved it when I was a kid:D
Is he a Black Kitty?
Bentley is nice too. Sounds rather posh;)
I am not so sure about the feeding of a very young Baby so I hope someone will help you on that.
As for the pinning down and rough playing. I think that this is a natural way for cats. They are playing but your older one is saying I am the boss here.
It's all down to pecking order.
If it gets too rough and you here Baby squeak I would just gently stop them and try and take their mind of rough play by interacting with them. Such as playing with a wand with them. That way they can play together and not at each other.
Also if you go out I would put the Baby in another room just incase they rough play while you are out.

·
Administrator
35,980 Posts
4 weeks is a good age to start weaning. Put the food in a flat saucer or plate and don't worry if he doesn't show much interest for a start. Let him watch mum eating and let him walk through the food so that he can lick it off his paws.
Afterwards pop him on the litter tray but again don't expect much to happen for a start.
Rough play isn't unusual - it sounds as if she is telling him off for something but just watch to make sure that she isn't overly aggressive. Keep mum's claws clipped if you can.
As for the name - I like Bentley :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.