Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So called perfect Dutch

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by MADgical-Animals-UK, Mar 31, 2008.

1. This is what is being sold at a high price on one site and they are surposed to be perfect dutch.

[​IMG]

2. Benson67

Benson67 PetForums Junior

Haha. What a shame that someone will pay a big price for that! I had someone try to sell me a "pure bred Rex show rabbit" once, it was an agouti normal furred rabbit, obviously a mixed breed and very obviously not rung!

3. Well if it was bred on the continent it would not be rung as they put tatoos in the rabbits ears, it is something that most people here don't know about.:)

4. Benson67

Benson67 PetForums Junior

I know they use tattoo's in most countries, but the bloke had bred it himself in Wales so I knew it wasn't an import.

5. Even though my rabbits are pure bred I only ever ring the rabbits I wish to exhibit on the show bench and any I don't ring are sold for breeding from as I rarely sell to the pet market.

The fact that my rabbits have a pattern this makes people think they are cross breeds as not many people have seen tricolour dutch rabbits

This is how the face of a tricolour should look, as if it had 4 1/4 to it.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5815/tribuckat2.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice