Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So, as the weather is pants...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by 8tansox, Jun 11, 2019.

1. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

What are you all up to to entertain your dogs?

Me? Pilot and Fidget won't notice any rain whatsoever. So we don't get any time off, it's donning the wet weather gear and getting out there. The grass is long in the farmers' fields right now, so Fidget finds it hard going galloping through it but he manages to whereas Pilot likes nothing more than a good old romp through tall wet fields.

We play find the toy, well, I say that, it's usually because I've thrown the toy and it's not gone in the direction I had planned, so I send the dogs in to find it - I can't be the only one with a lousy throw can I?

(When I talk about the fields, they are open to the public, we're not trampling through private fields and we do stick to the public footpaths).

So, it's a cold wet horrible day here, but we're almost ready to go out, taken all this time to muster up the enthusiasm... so post your pictures of your wet soggy walks here if you like. If you can get your cameras out in the rain that is ha!

FAW56 and magpi like this.
  2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Not a drop of rain here;) last week was a washout though and i think its coming back this way again towards the end of the week:(

3. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Another day of being soaked through to my knickers I must get waterproof trousers hubby got his fishing waders out for me to try only problem he has size 10 feet and is 6ft tall and I am 5ft1 with size 7 feet:D And also found out this morning that my wellies are leaking so as well as a wet behind I had a soaking wet foot as well:D

magpi and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

We are still going out but just not as long so we've been doing some exercises for core strength, rear end awareness, foot targeting, proprioception, etc.We were doing this in the garden before but am lucky in that I have an outbuilding big enough for some training when the weather is horrible

#4 Cleo38, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  5. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

When I last checked it was 46C on my porch, so I don't think we'll be doing any walking today. The small black hairy creature is fast asleep on the hearth tiles in the living room and I'm about to make a cake!

We did manage to get a 20 minute walk early early, this morning, so I don't feel too guilty!

magpi and Boxer123 like this.
  6. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

Went out...got wet...very wet!
    Being a dog walker in this weather has it's draw backs :Facepalm

Magyarmum, Boxer123 and lullabydream like this.
  7. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

As I used to say to the kids..we will get nice and dry when we get home (this was usually walking home from school) just to get wet again taking the dogs out later!

Magyarmum and Boxer123 like this.
  8. AlexPed2393

AlexPed2393 PetForums VIP

Dog hates the rain so we just cuddle and play with her toys. Nothing extra she is fine to be dozy

Magyarmum and Boxer123 like this.
  9. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

I wish Floyd hated the rain:D

Mishu9 likes this.
  10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

ok...just no! That is just wrong, you would have to peel me off the floor.:Wtf

This sounds like my lot. Yesterday was torrential rain all day and they pretty much just snoozed and had a little play. Luckily Im in the SE so it really doesnt rain all day that often.

Magyarmum likes this.
  11. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

I was standing out in the pouring rain all morning on Saturday as I was at a show. I was soaked! Realllly need to invest in some waterproof gear. Have managed to mostly miss the worst of the rain since then. Just constant drizzle today so nothing to avoidable.

12. bumbarrel

bumbarrel PetForums Member

Walked in the dry yesterday am but refused to out in the pouring rain pm. OH walked dogs in rain this am (Boz wearing a coat - his feathers are like a Vileda mop!). Raining still this pm.

We are blessed with a long L shaped, stone floored hall that joins the kitchen so I can do dummy retrieving up the hall and 'blinds' down the L part or into adjacent rooms. We also do some scentwork and basic obedience. The dog not working is behind a babygate in the utility and watches with great impatience for their turn.

Very unusual to have 2days when they don't get both walks. And it's so COLD!!

13. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

We've had great fun all the football pitches are empty so we have been playing ball and doing recall practice.

14. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Another morning of soaking wet knicker's and a wet foot,when I left at 5.10am it was dry by 5.25am it was pouring with rain,just got back so the 3 of us are drying out:(

Boxer123 and Bugsys grandma like this.
  15. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

It hasn’t been raining here so we went for a lovely long walk. Elliot loves water and mud so he was in and out of the stream which meant he then ended up very muddy from the dirt paths, so he needed a bath when he got home, much to his disgust! The joys of long haired dogs!

783EF9F7-F126-49A0-8C44-471D181BAA52.jpeg

8tansox, FAW56, Boxer123 and 3 others like this.
  16. Suder

Suder PetForums Junior

Mine protests at going outside when its raining but once shes outside she loves it o_O she even goes out of her way to skip/jump through the tall grass. weird dog... LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    she gets much wetter than that though an i'll blow dry her off or she starts to shiver

17. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

These wet dog pics are great.

Bugsys grandma likes this.
  18. Bugsys grandma

Bugsys grandma PetForums VIP

Woody loves a walk in the rain, he gets super excited! Me, not so much.

niamh123 likes this.
  19. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

In view of the weather in the UK, thought this seemed quite apt:D Enjoy!

The Daily Mash

The melodramatic tw*t’s guide to rain
    12th June 2019
    [​IMG]

IS THE bad weather only happening to you? Does everyone else need to hear your wild overreactions to heavy rain? Try these:

Act as if getting a bit wet could kill you

Treat the shortest trip outdoors as a race against time to get home before pneumonia sets in. Insist family members change out of wet clothes immediately, as if they’ve been in the North Sea, not walking the dog in Crewe.

Form an office Apocalypse Committee

Despite zero risk of flooding in your area, demand to know what your company is doing to protect staff. Don’t worry about looking like a dick – that was established beyond doubt last month when you asked about suicide bomber attacks.

Be alert and spring into action

The nanosecond you notice raindrops, sprint to get your washing in as if snatching a child from the path of a lorry. If you’re in the garden, bundle everyone indoors in a panic as if an air raid sirens are sounding.

Set up flood defences

Buy some cheap buckets and dot them strategically around your house. Lean a spade by the front door for unspecified purposes. This will achieve nothing in a real flood but it’s not worth filling 50 sandbags for your flood disaster live-action roleplay.

Buy a boat

Not a proper one, especially if you live somewhere awful and landlocked like Derby. A Lidl dinghy is more than adequate for fantasies about saving attractive neighbours and leaving the ones you’re always collecting parcels for to drown.

Draw up an emergency plan

It’s fun to stockpile food and imagine society is going to break down, and if you’re short of time you can just rejig your ‘heatwave’, ‘Brexit’ or ‘virus that turns people psycho’ emergency plan.

JoanneF and tabelmabel like this.
  20. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Oh yes, that is very Daily Mail style! Still dry here in scotland, but the wind has started to whip up so i will maybe need to get my hatches battoned down at some point today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice