Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So annoying

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by umber, Jun 24, 2009.

1. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Was in P@H today getting some bunny goodies when I walked past a beautiful bunny in the rescue section...awww she was sooo sweet Im pretty sure a dwarf lop. She came over to the glass door as i spoke to her and there was no information about her so I asked what her story was. The girl looked at me and said 'Oh Bonny came back to us as the lady who bought her... her grand daughter didnt get on with her when she visited????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!' my mouth actually droppped open!

What annoyed me more was she then looked at me... has no idea what pets I have.... (dont get me wrong I dont claim to be a rabbit expert) and says 'Oh but I think she would be better off with someone who has experience with rabbits adopting her as shes really moody'!!!

I wasnt planning on adopting her anyways only as I dont have the room for her or any other bun at the moment.

I really wanted to say and I wish I had said....

'If only you took this much interest when selling her in the first place'

2. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

it is annoying and exactly why i could never breed. no one would be good enough for my babies. lol

when my last bun died i wanted a rescue bun or two again and everwhere i looked they were all unwanted childrens pets, mostly female and moody. The one i was told hated being picked up. when i picked her up she was calm and had a cuddle, its ridculus some of these people dont know what they are on about. i wasnt allowed a pet till i was ten and then if i didnt look after it properly i wasnt allowed out. some parents just cant be botherd!!! they buy an animal on a whim then moan that they have spent all that money and the kids dont want them. the pet shops are the worst though because they dont care about the home the rabbit is going to as long as they get some money! it really upsets me!

3. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Some people should think before they speak to avoid offending someone!
    Poor little bunny

Chloe x

4. umber

umber PetForums VIP

What was even more sad... from what I understood was this wasnt even the little girls pet it was her grandmothers pet but as the little girl didnt get on with it they gave her up! Im sorry but to me thats just riddiculous!

I also believe they have every right to tell people he temprment of the pets they are selling but to assume I know nothing about Rabbits (again I will say I am no expert at all...still new to rabbits myself) but to assume without even asking is just rude... what about me looks like I know nothing lol!

Lastly they if they had put more time and effort when selling these poor pets perhaps so many wouldnt be given up!

5. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

My Lola was a P@H adoption bun
    i encouraged another couple to take the nethie doe who was also in the adoption area and i took the english cross.
    both arent speyed >.>
    Lola is rather aggressive when you go to take her food bowl away so spey here we come..
    and the reason they were there?
    'owners moving home' !!!!!!!

6. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Your buns are gorgeous!
    My flake and Daisy are rescues from a local rescue centre I love them!

7. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

awh!
    I stopped with RSPCA rescues after they let me bring TinTin home when they knew he would die as he couldnt use his back legs.
    I tried everything i could and they even made me feel guilty!!

But my Ady is an RSPCA rescue and Lola is a P@H adoption so i have something to feel good about :)

8. Lisa Franklin

Lisa Franklin PetForums Junior

That is really annoying, as an adult you should know what you are doing and that you have to teke responsibility.

Whe I got Harry, it was for my step daughter but I knew at the time that I would be caring for him.

I love my bunnies to bits and wouldnt have ever taken them back for such a silly reason.

I think really they are my bunnies, Erin just like to help out and I am happy with that.

9. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I have to say I was very impressed with our local pets at home when I was looking at the bunnies the other day. She was saying that they give vouchers to get free vaccinations instead of doing them so people will book in with a vet and not just adopt it and never take it for more. She was also recommending worming them and speying and neutering for behavioural reasons and health reasons.
    She was also appaled that they dont get told what breed the rabbit is, they have to guess! Apparently vaccinated rabbits are cheaper to them than un-vaccinated ones?

I cant believe people get them and then just give them up.

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice