Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So Angry - Just nearly hit a Dog in the car and the owner didnt even care!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Driving home on a 60Mph road, and the car in front suddenly braked for no reason, we both stopped very quickly. (Good good i wasnt following to closely!) Turns out a Springer is runnign around in the road. I clicke dmy hazards on to avoid any one trying to whizz past me as we were stationary. Just then a car came in the opposite direction, only just stopping in time before hitting the dog! Meanwhile he carried on his merry way plodding down the road. I tried calling him, even had some dog treats in the car but to no avail. I went to the nearest Farm House (There is only one house within a 6 mile radius to be greeted by a rude obnoxious man who said 'I dont have time for that bloody mutt deal with it'!

By this point i was fuming. I searched around for about 20 minutes to then see him running accross the fields heading back towards the farm house.

I cannot believe the attitude of some, this dog nearly caused a 4 car pile up let alone the damage done to himself. I am 95% sure I have seen this dog previously loose on the road (He was a bit skinner last summer!) but if it happens again I am so tempted to take him and call the dog wrden out so the owner has to pay for his return!

It was so dangerous for the dog and the drivers involved (Its a very steep / twisty road and not one you want to stop on!)

Rant Over! Sorry!

2. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

With THAT kind of attitude you'd probably find they wouldn't pay to get the dog out of the pound, that was the case with my Jess. Her owners left her behind when they moved house, she was wandering the streets and matted to death. Dog's trust discovered her chip and contacted the owner and they wouldn't pay the fee to get her back....

their loss, my gain......people like him shouldn't have dogs. Or animals, full stop. Selfish pig! :mad:

3. rona

rona Guest

In situation like this I think I would be tempted to call the police, the owner was actually breaking the law once he was informed that his dog was loose on a road

http://www.endangereddogs.com/DogLaw_DogsOnTheRoad.htm

Under Section 27 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, it is an offence for any person to cause or permit a dog to be on a designated road without the dog being held on a lead.

4. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Oh my gosh :mad: That could have neded so badly :( I cannot believe how uncaring some people are :mad:

5. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I would report to the police and let them go have a word with the owner...it's only a matter of time before someone or the dog comes to some harm :(

6. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I was absolutely fuming at the time, the couple in the car in front of me both looked in there 70's at least and I think it shocked the driver!

And to top it off on our walk this evening we saw a Beagle scrounging from a bin. He growled at Millie and ran to her teeth bared so I clipped Millie on her lead and moved out the way. My OH tried to call him to him but the dog wasnt having it. He had a collar on but we couldnt get near him, there was other people walking but the were miles away.

But then he legged it off over the fields. We came accross a beagle 4/5 times in this area last summer who kept getting loose form his garden, i'm not sure if it was the same one.

I cant understand how people let there dogs go so far away from them on walks or how you leave them outside unsecured.

I would never dream of doing tht to Millie :mad: In fact now giving her some extra special cuddles as she is currently giving me her 'RSPCA' eyes as Im sure she knows she it's spay day in 6 days!

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I think the dog would be better off with the dog warden tbh. Do the dogs get rehomed if not claimed or are they just PTS? If they go on to be rehomed then it may well be worth handing the dog in as a stray if you find it again :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice