Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

snuffles?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Beautiine, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Beautiine

Beautiine PetForums Newbie

Hello, its been two/three weeks since i had my rabbit Caramel and whenever he is out and about running freely in the house with me near him i can hear him sneeze? but that is only like 2 or 3 times i heard it so i am not 100% sure is he sick or anything.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Does he have any discharge from his nose?

You will sometimes see staining/matting on the inside of the front feet from them cleaning their nose.

If you are in any doubt, take him to the vets.

3. Beautiine

Beautiine PetForums Newbie

From wad im seeing no, but i could be wrong. I'll have to look more closely but his only 11 weeks old. I'll take him to the vet to check that out along with getting him neutered soon but i have to wait for my mum to drive me as i dun have a car lool

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

All animals sneeze of course :)

If you think its just every now and then, just keep an eye on him and see how he is. When they have an upper respiratory infection, they often sound a bit bunged up and snotty.

5. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

My rabbit Sugar always sneezes. He has sometimes had a yellowy discharge from his nose and when that happens I take him to the vets for some antibiotics which clears the discharge up but he does still sneeze....I wondered if he had a slight allergy to hay! :p If he just has clear liquid from his nose I take it as he's just got some dust up his nose or something and he's always been fine.

Lucky for me Sugar is white so its easy to spot when he has a yellowy discharge from his nose. If you see your rabbit wiping his nose lots with his paws that probably means he's got some sort of discharge and its best to get him checked out because if it is an infection and it gets left it'll spread to his lungs and then its more tricky to treat (so my vet told me)

Hope that helps!
    -x-

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice