Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Snuffle mats? or other dog toys?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by polishrose, May 22, 2020 at 9:53 PM.

1. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Are they good? Do your dogs like them? Are they easy to make? Saja is a very curious puppy and definitely needs some things to keep her busy.

2. Silverpaw

Silverpaw PetForums Senior

Maci loves his snuffle mat.I didn't make it through,it was bought.He also loves his likimat. IMG_20200421_125953656_HDR.jpg

Kakite likes this.
  3. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

I just ordered a likimat actually and was wondering about the snufflemat too.Maybe I'll get one.

Kakite likes this.
  4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Teddy has numerous puzzle toys. If your dog enjoys them there are so many out there!
    He has a snufflemat he likes. His favourite things are his treat balls. Tbh he likes everything but he definitely goes for treat balls or his kong wobbler first. He has kongs too and likimat I smear banana or peanut butter on them or squeezey cheese which he loves. I think they’re great for exercising their mind which most dogs need! Especially the young and clever :D

You can make DIY ones though just as easily. If we have a tube of Pringles or equivalent we clean it out and cut some holes in it, stick some kibble in and you have a makeshift treat ball! A cardboard box filled with tissue paper and kibble or treats is a makeshift snufflemat too. Toilet roll tubes with something yummy inside and the ends squished together are good too (sometimes you have to leave one end open until they understand the game though)

polishrose and NyxTheGSD like this.
  5. NyxTheGSD

NyxTheGSD PetForums Junior

Ooo good idea, I'll see if I've got any spare bits and pieces I can make into diy puzzle toys!

Teddy-dog likes this.
  6. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I will be getting two for my dogs. At the moment the company that makes them is closed because of Coronavirus

7. Kakite

Kakite PetForums VIP

I just got Nova a couple of lickimats and she loves them :)

8. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I've got loads of puzzle and enrichment stuff for my lot. I made a really thick snuffle mat which took forever, but is really good. I want to make a slightly less complicated one too that I can wash more easily and take with me to places. Although I might just buy one that have a built in bag.
    Lickimats are good but I find there is always food stuck in the corners which annoys me! But that's a floppy silicon one, the hard plastic ones would stop that better. Kongs, treat balls, food dispenser type thingies, I use at least one every day and rotate so that they don't get the same thing every day. I also use towels and hide food in them, and have a cardboard box full of random objects like cans and bubble wrap that they snuffle around to get the food.

Teddy-dog and Kakite like this.
  9. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Awesome ideas thank you so much !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice