Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Snoring/loudly breathing kitten?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by vaeru, May 7, 2017.

1. vaeru

vaeru PetForums Newbie

Hello all,

I recently rescued a 3 week old kitten
    who is about 7-8 weeks old now. It seems recently whenever he sleeps, he breathes pretty loudly, or "snores". It usually only happens when hes asleep but sometimes if hes awake he'll take a deep breath and it'll make the same sound. He doesn't have any other symptoms of illness other than sneezing from time to time. He doesn't always do it when he sleeps. It's a lil worrying, i've never had a cat do this. Hes still a very playful kitty who eats (and poops :D) normally.

Does anyone know what this could be?

IMG_1303.JPG

Babyshoes likes this.
  2. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

Bless, what a cutie! Afraid I don't have any relevant experience but it does sound like something to ask your vet about. See if you can get some video of it to show him/her. You said he sneezes occasionally - like once a week or more often? It's not really normal for cats to sneeze for no reason, so that's also worth mentioning to the vet.

It's probably not really urgent, but as he's still so little, it's probably better to go sooner rather than later.

3. vaeru

vaeru PetForums Newbie

He sneezes around once every few days usually. Thanks for the advice :)

4. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

I would, if you haven't already, book your kitten in for a vet check and explain to the vet what you told us on here. The vet will more than likely have a listen to your kittens chest. It will do no harm just having your kitten checked over.

There are a few reasons why your kitten is noisy breathing but it would be best for the vet to check your kitten over.

#4 stockwellcat., May 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
    vaeru likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice