UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Well i've forgotten how long it's been but Snoopy still wee's.

We have found that by locking her in the kitchen she will wee by the litter tray even though it's clean and yes we've tried most cat litter and even though she prefers the Okoplus it still doesn't seem to make a difference.

Her favourite place is still by the front door. We have ripped up the carpet and are constantly washing it with the simple solution but it doesn't make a difference by morning there it is back again. We have also been putting a litter tray there but she's happy to just do it by the side and it doesn't appear to be scent marking as she's doing a full wee.

We have tried putting her in a cage but she wee's by the side and meows for hours.

So any new ideas?

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
Sorry I can't recall (from your previous posts) how old Snoopy is, but I had a cat who in his senior years, when he had developed chronic kidney disease, started doing the same thing -- i.e. weeing beside the litter tray.

I put a big sheet of plastic underneath the tray which of course helped to catch the puddles, but what solved the problem completely was buying a giant litter tray (from somewhere online, I forget where). It had a low lip at the front (to climb in over) and quite high sides all round. When I say "giant" I mean much bigger than anything you could buy at [email protected] for example. It was so big my cat had masses of room to get in it, and turn round without feeling in the least bit constrained, and this seemed to be what he wanted. I filled it with a soft litter (OKO Plus) he could dig a hole in.

There were no more accidents after that.:)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I can't recall (from your previous posts) how old Snoopy is, but I had a cat who in his senior years, when he had developed chronic kidney disease, started doing the same thing -- i.e. weeing beside the litter tray.

I put a big sheet of plastic underneath the tray which of course helped to catch the puddles, but what solved the problem completely was buying a giant litter tray (from somewhere online, I forget where). It had a low lip at the front (to climb in over) and quite high sides all round. When I say "giant" I mean much bigger than anything you could buy at [email protected] for example. It was so big my cat had masses of room to get in it, and turn round without feeling in the least bit constrained, and this seemed to be what he wanted. I filled it with a soft litter (OKO Plus) he could dig a hole in.

There were no more accidents after that.:)
Might try that option I think it's the only one I haven't tried.

Admitting defeat seems a good idea. She's only 6 years old but been doing it for as far back as I can remember.
:)
We've used the incontinence pads but was hoping for a more perminent option but thank you for your advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.