Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Snoopy picks his favorite toys. What is yours?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by John&Carol, Feb 25, 2017.

1. John&Carol

John&Carol & SNOOPY

Snoopy is now 6 months and we have gone through a lot of toys. I'll leave out bones because what dog doesn't like bones. At least Snoopy does and will whittle down a cow hip in no time. His favorite toys have been stuffed ones that have arms heads and legs or strings so he can pull them off. Like in the pictures, stuffed Snoopy and Woodstock are favorites. But they don't last long and get turned inside out or reduced to nubs.

So replacing them sometimes with the same is not always easy so we experiment with others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we went shopping today and laid out several toys we found he allowed him to pick one or two. They did not have any Snoopys or Woodstocks at the pet store so this was his alternative picks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tennis ball was his last pick. The color red seems to be his favorite but bright colors like the purple heart is a close second. He may tear these up in no time but it seems he tears up stuffed animals over stuffed objects like hearts or stuffed bones.

We are still experimenting. What's your dogs favorite toys?

Amelia66, Muttly, Wee T and 4 others like this.
  2. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

I don't leave mine with toys unless it's something food filled like Kongs, they'd rip apart and ruin anything else. All other toys are reserved for playing with me, and mainly consist of balls and tugs of various assortments :)

John&Carol likes this.
  3. MaggiesMom

MaggiesMom PetForums Senior

This is Maggies favourite, it was 1 pound off a charity auction to raise money for a guinea pig rescue I support, we got a few in the end:
    20170106_183250.jpg

4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

That looks like the tug toys that Equafleece make, presumably from their scrap offcuts. Timber has one too!

John&Carol likes this.
  5. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Anything noisy!

Wee T and John&Carol like this.
  6. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Flat duck, closely followed by squeaky egg and squeaky ball

John&Carol likes this.
  7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Heidi and Alfie dont really have favourite toys although all of them like soft toys rather then tugs/balls/activity things and Alfie did go through a phase of destroying all their cuddly toys (which he thankfully grew out of!).
    Adams favourite is a green crocodile which he grooms (awww:))...and then has sex with (ewwww:Wideyed).
    Hannahs is a purple octopus (only been replaced once so far!).

Muttly, Wee T and John&Carol like this.
  8. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

A few weeks ago I bought Ludo a squeaky, crinkley octopus.
    He immediately chewed one leg off and has ignored the Octopus choosing instead to nibble on the single leg, throw it about and bring me to me for a game of fetch
    We are on the 3rd leg removal the first 2 eventually died

2017-02-26 13.15.54.jpg

Amelia66, Muttly, Wee T and 2 others like this.
  9. John&Carol

John&Carol & SNOOPY

Love that story.

10. Jannor

Jannor PetForums VIP

Dad's dog looks similar to Snoopy - she loves stuffed toys but they don't last long, not even the expensive dog ones :( I found her a cat hand puppet in the charity shop for £1 that she loves and has lasted quite a while. Probably because there isn't much stuffing in the puppet part.

11. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

He has lots of new toys, but he always goes back to this old smelly thing:D

P1010007.JPG

edited for spelling

#11 Happy Paws2, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2017
    Muttly, Wee T and John&Carol like this.
  12. Darkangelwitch

Darkangelwitch Princess Shona

Shona's favourite is a ball on a rope, unfortunately at rugby this morning I threw it too high and it got stuck in the tree - no chance of getting it back, Shona was not a happy puppy :oops:

13. Wee T

Wee T What you talkin' bout, Willow?

I haven't got photos because Willow's favourite toy is her little tennis ball but she dashes about and pounces on it like a kitten on speed so photos are a blur.

Part of the game involves nosing and catching, nosing and catching over and over, trying to stop it rolling under the sofa or behind TV cabinet.

She ultimately fails, loses ball and game turns into Make Human Get Up To Retrieve Ball.

Last night she learned that pawing Man Human's bottle of beer makes him get up WAY faster than her usual technique which involves pawing and dancing at him. :D

I bought her a little grey squeaky plush dog the other day that she's quite taken with so I'll try and get a photo of her with that.

Can't atm as she's gone to stay with family for a few days :( as getting house decorated and we have a family member extremely ill with very little time left so everything's very unsettled atm and it'll be calmer for her with the in-laws. She has been gone for about an hr and Im a bit lost without her already. :( She stays there when we're on holiday and has a ball though so I know she'll be having a great time.

But I ramble....when she comes home I'll get a wee pic of her and her new toy.

John&Carol likes this.
  14. Wee T

Wee T What you talkin' bout, Willow?

I should have also said I think Snoopy is absolutely gorgeous. I love his markings. He's perfect! Think I love him just a little!

John&Carol likes this.
  15. John&Carol

John&Carol & SNOOPY

He's hard not to love. I am a 57 year old man and I still think about him when I'm out to dinner somewhere. If we are gone for more than a few hours, we have someone come to our house and look in on him. But he has a play friend too.

The following pics are of our chicken "Fuzzy" AKA The Red Baroness. They will play in the back yard but we have to supervise. Snoopy's been known to toss her up over him by her tail.
    They both get rewards for playing nicely.

[​IMG]

Hi Snoopy, let play.

[​IMG]
    Maybe not such a good idea...

[​IMG]

Help !

Happy Paws2, Muttly and Wee T like this.
  16. John&Carol

John&Carol & SNOOPY

Please rest assured, Fuzzy is not in danger at any time. We always supervise their play.

Happy Paws2 and Wee T like this.
  17. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

That's my dogs favourite as well! My oldest dog hates playing tug with my yorkie and will drop the toy if she joins in. The octopus has long enough legs that she is far enough away that they can both play at the same time with me.

Fleur and John&Carol like this.
  18. John&Carol

John&Carol & SNOOPY

There is always a chance. You must get it back at all cost.

19. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

It's me. :)

Happy Paws2 and Muttly like this.
  20. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

I echo Zaros, Me and OH are his fav toys. He will always come to us to play bitey chase first. But when he does play with toys he loves 'Drontal ball' (the green one).
    DSCN3118.JPG
    and Kong Squeeker ball. A walk-only ball.
    IMG_20170203_073520442.jpg
    and stuff he shouldn't have....:rolleyes:
    IMG_20170117_070856366.jpg

John&Carol likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice