Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sneezy 6month ragdoll

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Leah5190, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Leah5190

Leah5190 PetForums Newbie

Hiya everyone, i have a 6month ragdoll. he's a happy, playful boy, growing away, eating and drinking well, and going to the toilet but he seems to have picked up this sneezing. it started around 2 months ago, maybe now and again and ever since has increased. he now seems to do it up to 5 or 6 times a day. his nose maybe a lil damp but not runny, his eye are bright and healthy, is it likely to be serious or just an allergy. I understand pedigree cats are more sensitive but ive already lost one cat this year i cant loose another!! Please Help!! xx:(

2. yankeedo

yankeedo PetForums Junior

Hi Leah and welcome to the forum! What litter do you use? I ask because I also have a cat who had an issue with sneezing and it ended up being because she developed an allergy to the litter I was using.

3. Leah5190

Hiya i use wood pellet litter which my mum uses in her cattery. he has had it since i had him and didnt seem to have sneezing then but then maybe he did but i wasnt there perhaps?! im reading some awful things online, like heart problems, respiratory infections and FIV. surely if hes acting happy and healthy and theres no signs of acting poorly its okay? i will tell my vet anyway as it supposed to be neutered on thursday!! xx i dont think thatl happen if hes sneezing will it? or do u think they will just check him over check his chest etc first?x be heartbroken if anything happened to him!!! xx thanks for ur reply btw xx

4. broccoli

broccoli PetForums VIP

tell your vet in advance - so they check him before the op.
    my boy was same - healthy in all other ways, vet said he was just sneezy! it may have been from him crawling in places the hoover doesnt reach (under the bookcases & sofa) he doesnt fit there now and does sneeze less.

so it may be nothing - a simple temperature reading & listening to his heart & lungs was all they did. :)

5. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

your vet wont risk a neuter if your ragdoll isnt 100% fit and well, so dont worry.
    do you use airfreshners, mine have an allergy sneezing if i use these. if there is no yellow discharge its unlikely to be an infection.:)

6. Leah5190

Hiya just got back from the vets, they did a pre op check and said he was fine, probably an allergy but they did pick up a very slight heart murmur. Grade 1 so they said just to keep an eye on him! Glad hes ok tho!1 x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice