Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sneezing Bengaul

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Rickjw, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Rickjw

Rickjw PetForums Newbie

I have two Bengal's the male has a sneezing problem also green discharge from his nose, hes been to a vet and has been tested for many things and they cant find anything wrong and think it may just be an allergy. Other than the sneezing hes quite fine. The female has never had any problem with sneezing, she just hates people (any help on that would be good as well)

Any help or ideas would be great. Thank you :)

2. may

may PetForums VIP

How old are the Cats/kittens?:confused:

3. Rickjw

Rickjw PetForums Newbie

Hello May,

The cats are 5 years old and not related. I should have also mentioned that the sneezing has been an on going problem and he's seen two different vet practices.

I would say that the sneezing does not bother him but he gets it on him self and the house as well :( But in every other way hes happy, playful and full of energy.

Regards Rick.

4. may

may PetForums VIP

I would try giving him Garlic and Fenugreek Tablets.:)
    It sounds like a virus like herpes that will always be in the system and when they get a bit run down or stressed it shows up.
    These tablets really do work one a day.
    Link below were to get them :D
    .http://www.petmeds.co.uk/Dorwest-Ga...nugreek-Tablets

5. Rickjw

Rickjw PetForums Newbie

May,

I will give it a try, thank you.
    I have a little face looking up at me, I'm sure he can read - the look would apper to say that sound nice, may be with some chicken and a little white wine. :)

6. may

may PetForums VIP

:D :D :D mmmmmmm the wine sounds nice !!........I think I might join you;)
    Good luck! let me know how you get on :)

7. Desertstorm

Desertstorm PetForums Member

I had a sneezing problem with a Birman kitten, but she did outgrow it. I agree, sounds chronic and probably allergies...Hmmmmmmm I have a femal Himmalayian whose eyes get very runny and sore from scented scoopable litter. That just might be your problem. What kind of litter do you use? As for the "wild" unfriendly kitty, I have a himmy the same way. I have to run her down to brush or even touch her. She is very gentle once caught but literally wild till you get your hands on her. No matter how much I love her up, she is still wild.....so if anyone out there has any suggestions, I too could use the help.
    Sue

8. Rickjw

Rickjw PetForums Newbie

The litter is the natural wood pellets and they have Iams as every day food - both were recommended by the breeder.

The whole story is they came from a breeder who did not have any luck breeding the pair of them, what I was not told when I took them was the problem with the boy sneezing and the girl not being friendly. She is very nervous and will run and howl if feeling trapped. She will only allow you to pet her when she is half asleep with the boy. She is only slightly better now than when I first got her. :mad:

9. may

may PetForums VIP

There are Homeopathic remedies that can calm cats down that are skittish :)
    and they do work believe me they are wonderful:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice