Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Snappy little monster!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by catz4m8z, Jun 6, 2010.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Adam seems to be getting abit more snappy then usual at the moment and Im wondering how I can calm him down. Alot of it seems to be referred/transferred (??) aggression. For example when I let the dogs out into the garden he turns round and goes for Hannah or Heidi if they are near, and the other day I fed Patrick in his crate and Adam couldnt get to the food so attacked Banjo.:(
    I make sure I stagger the dogs when letting them out now and dont feed the cats near them but sometimes a cat will walk past just as he hears a noise or near a toy I havent noticed and he grabs them instead!

He is top dog and none of the cats or dogs challenges him ever, and he is totally submissive to people so I dont see why he has to be so evil.:mad: Only things I can think are his age (2yrs this month, neutered long ago!) or lack of exercise. What with the weather and me running back and forth to the vets with Patrick the dogs havent got out as much as usual. I should point out that he cant really hurt them. Maybe cause some bruising and pull some fur out but he is too small and weak to draw blood.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice