Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Snakes and socks?

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by Isolden, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Isolden

Isolden PetForums Newbie

I have recently discovered that my king has a rather hefty fondness of folded socks! I can't seem to really locate any info on whether or not allowing her to have a pair of folded socks in her tank would be ok. Pros being that she obviously loves curling inside them, possible cons being maybe a risk of strangulation? I'd love some feed back... as for the socks themselves, they are simple cotton ankle socks, they aren't the compression type socks, they don't have a lot of elastic, so really I'm just wondering if it would be reasonable to go get a pair of 100% cotton with no elastic in an overlarge size for her to hide in.
    additional details, She does have plenty to hide under in her tank, a cork half log, a rock cave, and a branch for climbing as well as her water dish - I think she just likes how completely enclosed she can get in a pair of socks. Being that she is a kingsnake which are knows fatties who will eat anything, does anyone think she would try to eat something she hides in? Any ideas on similar products meant for snake hideouts?

2. juroxzg3

juroxzg3 PetForums Member

I think that you can do it,there shouldn`t be any issues as long as the sock is big enough,but you should wait for diablo or somebody to confirm tho. :)

-J

3. Nagini

Nagini Guest

cant see a problem as long as you can supervise while the snake has the sock , otherwise take it out to be on the safe side. make doubly sure there are no snags or tears in it though.

4. Isolden

Isolden PetForums Newbie

Thanks! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice