UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I have another post but it wasnt getting many answers and wasnt clear!

I have two pet snails. They are both banded snails, one younger than the other (its shell pattern hasnt come through yet)

I was wondering, (im quite new to snails)
  • can i keep the snails together?
  • Will they have eggs?
  • How do i find the eggs?
  • How do i destroy the eggs?
  • Why do my snails sleep on the roof of their tank? (i dont have any hiding places yet, ive only had them two days!)
  • Is compost a good substrate?
Thanks and I will really REALLY appreciate it if you reply even if someone else already has!!

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
hi, I have another post but it wasnt getting many answers and wasnt clear!

I have two pet snails. They are both banded snails, one younger than the other (its shell pattern hasnt come through yet)

I was wondering, (im quite new to snails)
  • can i keep the snails together?
  • Will they have eggs?
  • How do i find the eggs?
  • How do i destroy the eggs?
  • Why do my snails sleep on the roof of their tank? (i dont have any hiding places yet, ive only had them two days!)
  • Is compost a good substrate?
Thanks and I will really REALLY appreciate it if you reply even if someone else already has!!
that may have been because i hadnt seen your reply and noone else has been on yet.

-yes
-yes - once they are both of a similar size
-they will be buried under the substrate
-gather them all up, put them in a food bag and freeze them in the freezer for a few hours. although banded snails are a uk species so i dont see why you cant just put the eggs outside if you;re in the uk *shrugs*
-maybe thats just where they're happy. if they dont have hideouts yet and the rood is coloured then this is where it will be darker also
-compost is fine. organic compost is better. other substrates include bark, etc.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your answers! i feel a lot better! what foods would you suggest for them, as im clueless!!!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
most fruit and veg are good for them, different lettuces, cucumber, cabbage etc. there are full lists on the net if you google it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.