UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weirdest post ever alert!! :D

I have to stay overnight in a hotel soon with Thomas. I can find ones that accept cats but I can save £20 if I use one that doesn’t accept them and just smuggle him in.
He’s a very placid quiet BSH, ultra clean and well behaved.

Would you smuggle and save £20 or be honest and pay up?

I just think of all the toys I can buy him for £20 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Lol I wouldn't they'd know something was up straight away with me because my face would be bright red :eek:
I want to know how you're going to manage it lol you'll need litter tray , carrier unless your going to use a shopping bag or suitcase :eek: I want to know you're grand plan :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
just out of curiosity.. what do you do with the cat while in the hotel? do you also carry a litter tray, food bowls and everything? I just tought about it and you need to smuggle in a lot of stuff right?

I think for £20 is not worth the risk..

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
I´d pay up, imagine if they find out and you are even asked to pay more, a photograph of you is taken and posted to every single hotel...it could get really horrible 8especially for Thomas):D

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Litter tray and bowls will fit in my bag easy peasy.

I have a large bag which has sturdy sides, so is basically like a bag style cat carrier. If i get a lower floor room it will be a short trip in a bag haha.
:lol:

I think I need to go and have a word with myself..... haha

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just out of curiosity.. what do you do with the cat while in the hotel? do you also carry a litter tray, food bowls and everything? I just tought about it and you need to smuggle in a lot of stuff right?

I think for £20 is not worth the risk..
Lol what do you recommend I do with him. Same as at home, cuddle him and watch tv

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I blame the pregnancy hormones :yikes:

I wonder what other ideas I will come up with in coming months. ....

I feel very sorry for whoever gets me as their Secret Santa buyer haha

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
SMUGGLE in the beautiful Thomas???? :eek: :eek:

Deprive him of all the ooh'ing, ahh'ing, fussing and admiration that he would undoubtably receive from all around him??? For a mere 20 quid????

You are an evil slave!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My sister and her family recently stayed in a well known chain hotel. One of my nephews dropped something and it went under the bed - when he went to get it he got a handful of cat poop!!
The hotel denied that they ever have pets in the room and said as it was on the ground floor maybe a fox had got in.
Then the next day they noticed a small pile of dry cat food under the desk area!!

someone must of smuggled a cat in so it obviously can be done!!
Luckily it did mean they got their hotel stay for free!!

·
Slave to the Hairy Hikers
12,358 Posts
I wouldn't risk it.
What if the maid comes in to make your bed and clean the bathroom while you're out and Thomas escapes?
If they know there is a cat in there they will take care not to let him out.....

·
Registered
632 Posts
Both my friend and I are staying at an ibis prior to the Doncaster show with our cats. I know that she has smuggled one of her cats into a hotel on a previous stay as they wanted to charge an extortionate rate for her cat to stay.

I completely forgot to mention my cat would be staying when I booked online but believe the ibis charge around £20 too. I think I will probably call up and pay the excess this week. If anyone let my cat escape I would be most displeased so at least if that happens, and I have notified the hotel it will be entirely them at fault.

I am so nervous that Bernard is going to have a 'rock and roll' moment and trash the place.... Hope £20 will cover it! :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
I wouldn't risk it.
What if the maid comes in to make your bed and clean the bathroom while you're out and Thomas escapes?
If they know there is a cat in there they will take care not to let him out.....
Exactly. Plus the charge is there for a reason - there may well be extra cleaning they have to do after a pet has stayed (not saying Thomas is going to be having wild parties or anything!) and although £20 might sound a lot, I reckon being upfront and paying the fee is the right thing to do.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would advise to pay that charge. Apart from reasons mentioned earlier (possibility of escape; extra cleaning which will be necessary) there is one more thing - sometimes hotels are visited by people with severe allergies; in such cases staff is told to clean room more thoroughly than usually, but if hotel knows that a pet was in room recently, that room just won't be considered when a room for person with health issues is chosen.

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
Personally I'd pay the charge, after all £20 is not excessive.:) And it would be so embarrassing to be *found out* by hotel staff if you'd smuggled him in. I would die of shame if it were me, at being exposed as *dishonest*!:eek:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.