Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

smokey gave me a fright

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by katie200, Jun 6, 2010.

1. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

tomight i was calling smokey in for tea as i do every night about 9 he never gose two fare and alway come home after a few shouts of his name but to night when he entered the back door her was covered in blood i was so worried i though he was hurt worse than he was he had proble been in a cat fight because he had pilled a nail and it was bleading a bit he had a cut on top of his paw and a little one ounder his chin but the amount of blood that was on his fur looked really bad luckly he ok now sleeping on my bed blood free it was a bit worring at the time

2. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Oh dear what a worry they are! I am glad smokey is ok, it was probably just a fight, but best to keep an eye on him anyway,which I'm sure you are already doing:) Mine lost his eye due to a fight:( he is 15 now and still chases the other cats,will he never learn!

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

tell me about smokey never leans he still try to get in two small places and hes never leans to stay clear for cats that dont wana play he fine now i bet you where really worried when you cat lost his eye

4. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

How is he now? Hope he's ok!

5. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Yeah we were worried,at first we weren't sure if his eye was hurt or not but took him to the vets and they put a dye in it and it showed a scratch across the eye. They gave him shots etc and really fought to save the eye but it became distorted and he went blind in it:(The vet said he had an infection behind the eye which was probably caused by a virus he had as a kitten and had lay dormant until the injury triggered it again. The best thing was to remove the eye for his sake and he has coped really well.Mind you he is the second cat I have had who lost an eye,the other one lost his through cancer,his eye looked cloudy and the vet told us it was cancer and after tests to check it hadn't spread anywhere else they removed it,he coped well too.I think we were more scared for them:)

6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awww glade they coped really well but that so true smokey wasnt paniced at all i was i think it just like people to panic when you see anything hurt but he running about after holly my other cat fine now just look like he got over it quick lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice