Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Smilla feeding rec for 4kg cat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Londoncat, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Londoncat

Londoncat PetForums Junior

Hi there,

Just wondering what you think the feeding rec for Smilla should be for a 4kg cat?

Zooplus and the packet seem to say 250-350g for a 5kg cat and Hobbs' A-Z says 200-300g.

So should it be about 200g a day for the little Londoncat (who is almost exactly 4kg)?

Thanks!

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

My A-Z gives the feeding recs for a 4kg grown cat. So, i would probably start with the middle - 250g and see how your cat does on it.

Is londoncat still a kitten?

There are going to be some changes to ingredients as well as feeding guidelines over the coming months as manufacturers seem to be take the run-up to new EU legislation re labelling as an excuse to tinker with their stuff :rolleyes:

3. Londoncat

Londoncat PetForums Junior

Ah thanks Hobbs! Will do and see how she goes.

No, she's 2 and a half. Thinks she's a kitten sometimes mind you. I was on the phone to my mum this morning, which wasn't part of her Saturday morning plan. She mewled incessantly as she wanted me to play with her in the garden!

4. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

My 2 male cats share a 400g tin of smilla and it will last them 1 day meaning they get 200g each, they are fairly greedy cats too but it seems to satisfy them, she will let you know if it's not enough :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice