Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Smilla causing throw up in one of my kittens....

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by gloworm*mushroom, Apr 25, 2011.

1. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

The last couple of times I have fed Smilla one of my cats has immediately thrown it all up. As it was so soon after eating I assumed it was due to scoffing it too fast.
    This evening I tried him on a small portion and again it all came up, but after about an hour this time, so not immediate regurgitation plus there wasnt a great deal in the bowl. My other kitten has not thrown it up.

The sicky kitten is fine on bozita, animonda, and grau (had bozita this morning) and only throws up Smilla. Is there anything in this food which could be causing him to only throw that up?

2. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I don't know the ingredients but as with all foods it could just be 'that one doesn't agree with that cat'

my old springer was gluten intollerent and was fine with all gluten free foods *except* the chicken and rice James Wellbeloved - other flavours from JWB and other brands chicken rice or other flavours - fine... but that one flavour/brand combo = ill

3. gloworm*mushroom

Ive chucked the open tin, and I'll give my one remaining tin to the CPL. One tines better than nothing I suppose!

My other cat is fine with it but Mush is such a fatbum I would find it difficult to stop him getting hold of a bit of Gloworms food so better to be safe than sorry. Poor lump, he always wants a cuddle after hes been sick.

4. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Do you remember which flavour was it?
    Ari hates Smilla Tuna and she vomited a couple of weeks ago after eating it (wasn't easy to clean all the redness of the tuna off the carpet). I thought she was just protesting, as it had never happened before. Now, I mix Smilla Tuna with Bozita and she's been fine.

5. gloworm*mushroom

Geflugel mit rind, which is poultry and beef I think?

He's also had the poultry and lamb, and hearts, and I think those 2 were the other ones he threw up :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice