UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Smidge is off to the vets...

1K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Charwarr 
#1 ·
She has had diarrhea again for the past couple of days so im getting worried. Shes happy as can be, bounding around all over the place and nothing else seems to be bothering her but her litter tray is just awfull! She is drinking plenty of water and im keeping it constantly topped up for her.

Just really nervous now as ive been searching the internet and found some scary stories!! Have to wait until 4.40!! :(:(:(

#2 ·
Oh I never look online now for ailments, its very scary!

Its good news that she is drinking and playing though, it doesnt sound like she is in pain.

Good luck at the vets, please let us know how you get on!

#5 ·
Well it was an interesting trip to the vets!!!!!!!!

Vet checked her and she seems fine, but gave her some antibiotics and have to back tomorrow to check her. <--- all seems fine.....

... but at the sametime I was getting extreeeeeemly hot,so I took of my coat but then started to feel very unwell. The vet got me a chair to sit on then took Smidge into another room to give her her injection - as I have a bit [huge] of phobia!:( and when she brought her back in I had passed out! So in come the two receptionists with water and a fan and sit me down on the floor with my feet in the air!!!! Whilst Smidge is happy as can be, jumping on my neck and shoulders [giving me hug better].

Then one of the receptionists gave me a lift home [only live 30seconds away] as they didnt want me to pass out again walking down the hill!

So now Smidge is snuggled up looking after me....not caring at all that she just had the injection....not me! :D

ohhhhh dear! :rolleyes::

#7 ·
Hmmmmmm yeah I feel better but I feel so silly!! haha!!

Glad Smidge is okay though, I've got to take her back to the vets tomorrow just for a check up! Hope it doesn't cost me anymore :shocked:

#8 ·
Glad your okay too though, lol :p

Yeah vets can be extortionate sometimes. I had to get a tiny amount of Baytill for my gerbils... and that it's self cost me £22 for this tiny little test tube that wasn't even half filled lol :D Doesn't seem like much but I'm a poor student haha ( i hope no one puts that in the wrong way, I can afford to look after my animals :p.. just incase anyone takes that in the wrong way lol)

#9 ·
Glad your okay too though, lol :p

Yeah vets can be extortionate sometimes. I had to get a tiny amount of Baytill for my gerbils... and that it's self cost me £22 for this tiny little test tube that wasn't even half filled lol :D Doesn't seem like much but I'm a poor student haha ( i hope no one puts that in the wrong way, I can afford to look after my animals :p.. just incase anyone takes that in the wrong way lol)
Yeah I was thinking that when I put ''I hope it doesnt cost me anymore''.... I can afford to look after Smidge.... just paid out £40 for today [but she's worth it!!]

- I just don't want to have to pay anymore for the vet to look at her in the morning! :D

#13 ·
It did cost :(

Had to pay more because she examined her all over again because although Smidge is fine - running about and drinking etc - there is no change at all with her going to the toilet!!

So she's on a course of antibiotics now!! Poor kitty.

Hopefully she'll get better soon, as its not too pleasant!! :blushing:

#14 ·
I would like to say Im surprised they charged you, but vets being vets .... can I ask how much they charged you?

Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon :)

#15 ·
£28 for today [consultation and antibiotics for 5days] and £31 [consultation and injection] yesterday!! So all in all just under £60.....:nonod:

She back on Monday for the rest her of her injections and micro chipping [if she's better]..... so hopefully no more money as we've paid for this already!!

#17 ·
I hope Smidge is feeling better soon!

I'm surprised they didn't take the oppotunity to charge you for their medical attention when you collapsed. But I am glad you're feeling a lot better.

#18 ·
I was fairly surprised they charged me for a consultation again, but nothing I could do about it really.

Luckily they didn't have another appointment for 20 minutes after i passed out! haha..... but the vet was saying it wasn't uncommon as she gets quite a few people fainting!! But to be honest it was sooooo hot in there im surprised she could even work!

But hey Smidge should be all better soon and thats all the matters! :D:D:D

#19 ·
The mind boggles if you try to work out the pay per hour these vets must be getting! :eek:

I hope she gets better soon, I dunno if I missed it but did they tell you what it could be?

:)

#20 ·
No they never said, there not quite sure because she doesn't seem ill at all, she's playful, eating and drinking fine and her temp and 'examination' were normal too... just the stomach upset...which hopefully the antibiotics will sort out.

I'm also putting her onto chicken and rice too, hopefully she'll be all fine soon

#23 ·
So do I, I doubt they will though, were going on Monday because its her next injection and she's getting microchipped, so thats all paid for......fingers crossed!!

Got to give her her tablet now...let the fun times begin lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.