UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been putting this thread off for a couple of days now...

ever since feeding my cats Bozita I've noticed that when they (ahem) its really smelly, and it's not a normal smelly its a def con 5 smelly!

I know it's the raw food but is there anything I can do about it? I thought more protein made it smell less!

It was funny this evening though, it smelled so bad even she shot out of the bathroom from it....and then the smell hit me :blink:

Any advice is greatly appreciated, even if it means sticking one of those tree air fresheners on her tail. :001_smile:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bozita isn't raw and it does make them smell horrid. I'm looking into feeding raw minces to my cat because her ass smells like something crawled up there and died and I live in a flat so you can't get away from it and the bins just smell nasty too..

·
Registered
302 Posts
When I fed the Bozita cartons, it made my girl who has a sensitive stomach have extremely smelly and loose stools. She's absolutely fine on the canned Bozita. I don't know what makes the difference, though the cartons say they contain something called Macrogard, and yeast, which isn't mentioned on the cans.

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
My cats all got smelly loose stools & flatulence when I gave them Bozita chunks in jelly or gravy. As has been mentioned Bozita is not "raw" -- raw means uncooked, as it comes from the butcher.:)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
No problems here on the Bozita pate cans and have three hungry kittens and mum in a smallish room with litter try and an OH who loves to moan about any cat smell given half the chance although he is quite capable of stinking the house out on his own lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ooh, thank you for all your replies.

So people who have been using the cans haven't experienced smelly kittys? My cats stools are runny-ish and really pong.

I'll give the cans a go, It's still the same meat content? Will give it a go, will also try NI. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've actually been told that cans are better than cartons as those are not containing gravy or jelly - I am also giving my kitten Animonda Carny and Smilla. Those have a high meat content as well and are similar in price to Bozita

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.