Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Smelly Dog!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by EmmaSmith, May 13, 2010.

1. EmmaSmith

EmmaSmith PetForums Junior

Our 18 month old labrador, Zico, has been on JWB topped up with quarter a pack of naturediet for around 6months now with no problems, however over the past few weeks he has been letting off toxic fumes. Really awful smelling. His number 2's are sometimes firm, sometimes ever so slightly loose.

Any advice on what to do? Should I try him on a different food? Seems odd that it's just been recently and seems perfectly fine otherwise.

I was looking at Arden Grange last night online, and there is a wee shop not far from me, who also deliver, and on the plus side it seems a wee bit cheaper than the arden grange website.Dog Food from Just Dogs Just Dogs

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I know that JWB is renouned for its tummy unsettling problems. Some get on with it fine, others dont.

If you want to continue with it and perhaps to test if it is something not food related, perhaps something he has picked up without you knowing - maybe give him some natural yogurt to try and settle his tum for a few days. If it works, then see what happens when you stop.

If you would rather change food then I know there are quite a few people here who would vouch for Arden Grange. I have never tried it so cant comment.

My son took his pup off JWB for the same reason and put her on P@H Wainwrights. My pup was reared on Wainwrights and now has Skinners Salmon and Rice which I am really happy with.

Good like in sorting the fumes :thumbup:

3. EmmaSmith

EmmaSmith PetForums Junior

Thanks Mum2Heidi :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice