Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Smells cats hate

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by almost40, Nov 30, 2012.

1. almost40

almost40 PetForums Member

Hi all. Well the tree is up,looks lovely but as expected the kittens are very interested in it. All my other cats never bothered with it but these two are. I can't keep chasing them all day cos I have stuff to do so was thinking of coating the lower branches and ornaments wit something that cats hate the smell of. Just not sure what that is so any help would be SO gratefully received :) thank you

2. Fiji444

Fiji444 Guest

They don't like the smell of oranges. You could use some peel or rub it over the tree. You could try and see if your cats hate the smell as mine do and will just pull a funny face.

3. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Well, just reading the title of your thread, i thought

Every day Lilly smells my coffee, and everyday she h'oicks :eek:

But after reading your post, i don't think it would be a very good idea to throw it on the tree!.

Yes, orange smell is supposed to work. Another thing you coukd use is place it on foil as cats are not supposed to like this - but im possibly one of many who rolls foil into balls for them to chase

And start singing

[​IMG]

4. dancemagicdance

dancemagicdance PetForums VIP

Sorry I don't have any advice, we're not going to have a tree this year because of the kittens :rolleyes:

Welshjet your pic reminded me of this :D -

[​IMG]

welshjet likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice