Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Smell of dog wee

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by poppysmum, May 18, 2010.

1. poppysmum

poppysmum PetForums Junior

Hi
    Was wondering if anyone could tell me what I could use to get rid of the smell of wee in my car. Took my pup out the other day and she weed in the boot of the car, despite scrubbing with bleach, household cleaner and using a de-odouriser I can still smell it when I get in the car. Can anyone suggest anything please. xx:confused1:

2. ToddyxxMillie

ToddyxxMillie PetForums Member

Ive watched How clean is your house before and i think they said sponge it down with water then get a towel and press on it then mix water and bicarbonate soda and poor it on sponge it down and then press towel on it again really hard so you are sponging it dry i hope this helps!

3. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

A lemon scented washing up liquid and water solution, probably the same amounts as you would use to wash up if that makes sense. Has always worked for us with most things smelly. Just use a sponge like you wash up with, soak the area and lather up, then pat dry and leave the rest to dry on it's own.

Be warned though, it brings your upholstery/fabric up clean :lol: You might not realise your stuff is dirty until you do that.

4. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

biological wash powder/liquid mixed with some water will get rid of the smell coz it kills the enzymes :)

5. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

yup yup works the charm!

6. poppysmum

poppysmum PetForums Junior

Thankyou all for the advice. Think ill give them all ago. :thumbup:

7. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I use bi carb. Sprinkle it on and it nuetralises the odour without using chemicals :)

8. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

A spray called urine off is very good. It breaks done the urine crystals that cause the smell to clean it away properly. Most spray just cover the smell so it keeps coming back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice