Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Small white spot on dog’s paw

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Rae12345, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Rae12345

Rae12345 PetForums Junior

Today I noticed a small, quite hard, white spot on my dog’s paw. She’s a 3 year old Chihuahua. She’s booked in at the vets but I can’t stop worrying, and I thought maybe you guys could help me figure out what it might be and hopefully put my mind at rest a bit.
    This is what it looks like:[​IMG]

https://imgur.com/a/VEQdvpB
    [​IMG]

I've read online that it could be a skin infection :( her skin seems fine apart from some darkening around her belly, armpits and in front of her ears where her fur is sparser, but we were never too worried about this as we thought it was just her growing into an adult dog, but we're going to mention it to the vet. I've also read it could be a wart? She isn’t bothered when I touch it so I don’t think it’s painful.
    Thank you everyone :)

#1 Rae12345, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

The photos aren't showing up.
    Apparently pad corns show up if you rub toothpaste into them, I saw it done on Supervet.

3. Rae12345

Rae12345 PetForums Junior

Sorry for not responding! And sorry about the photos not showing up :( the vet said that it was probably a skin tag or something and not to worry about it, but its since disappeared! Thank you for the tip about the pad corns!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice