Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Small/Medium dog wanted for a loving family.

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Northernpets, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Northernpets

Northernpets PetForums Newbie

Wanted small to medium dog for a loving family it has been two years since we had our last dog sadly he passed away to ill health after he had a very rough life previous to us rescuing him.
    I have a 2 year old daughter although she is very switched on and knows to be gentle the dog must be good with young children.
    I have no preferance of breed or sex.so long as the dog isn't to big.
    I am unable to collect unfortunatly unless the dog is in the in the area as i havn't passed my driving test yet.However i am happy to cover any expences if someone is willing to bring the dog to me.
    Please don't hezitate to message me as we are really missing having a canine companion around. =)

Thank you very much

Emma Bartley.x

my contact number is 07840128658

#1 Northernpets, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  2. Northernpets

i'm from Richmond North yorkshire.

3. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Please please have a look at the many rescue sites on the net so many are full of dogs looking for their forever home.
    Looking forward to pics when you have your dog.

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Would you consider one of the many lovely Staffordshire bull terriers in rescue?:) Staffies are great medium sized family dogs

5. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

There are loads of threads on this forum from rescues looking for good homes for their dogs - take time to browse through them.

Hope you find the right dog for your lifestyle.

6. Northernpets

Thanks i'm happy to consider any dog so long as it has a loving nature and likes young children i have had alook through alot of dogs on the page and i have yet to find one that likes young children.I don't think i could take a dog bigger than a collie though as i havn't the biggest of houses.
    Hopes to find a dog soon. =)

7. FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT PetForums Senior

Please see here for a list of dog rescues based in Yorkshire Dog Rescue Pages - North-East England centres also :: West Yorkshire Dog Rescue :: Finding New Homes For Dogs!! ::

Here you can see dogs in various rescues in Yorkshire and Humberside looking for homes. Do click "dogs added previously" at the bottom to make sure you don't miss any :) -located-in-yorkshire&humberside

It's also well worth joining an animal rescue forum such as animal lifeline UK where you can post a thread on the homes offered board and there are lots of people able to help find you the right rescue dog for you :)

Best of luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice