Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Slow-feed bowl

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Harry Worton, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Harry Worton

Harry Worton PetForums Newbie

I am doing my DT GCSE and I have made a slow-feed dog bowl. Here are some of the features of my product:

Fixes certain feeding issues: The raised element of the bowl reduces stomach acid in the dog whilst eating and the dog eats slower because of the slow-feed component in the food bowl. Allows the user to separate wet and dry foods at their will as well.

Safe material: the inner bowl is either made out of environmentally friendly HIPS or has been 3D printed. They are durable and unlikely to crack. The slow-feed component is all one piece so pieces will not break off.

Practicality: The dual bowls are removable and will fit in the dishwasher in case they need to. Also, the bowls can be removed from their base and transported
    Suitable for: tall dogs / other pets because of its height. E.g labradors, golden retrievers, St. Bernards, etc.

It would be much appreciated if you could leave feedback below, it will take two minutes of your time.
    Here are some photos of the product:

Final2.png Final3.png Final4.png Final5.png Final.png

#1 Harry Worton, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  2. Harry Worton

Harry Worton PetForums Newbie

3. Jim Fisher

Jim Fisher PetForums Newbie

Looks good! I have a 7-month-old labrador that could make good use of your product as it is a good height. I particularly like how the bowl includes a slow-feed component. However, for dogs that size I fear that the designated food bowl won't be large enough to fit enough food in and both would have to be used. I also think that it is too tall for some dogs. I own a 3-year-old border collie that most likely wouldn't be able to reach the bowls.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice