UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll tell you the story first...

I was out with Tilly yesterday on the field with friends & some other dogs. Then I see in the distance this little dog hurling towards us at 90mph. Well this happened last week, the dog is only young & still in training so it just wants to have fun. But Tilly monster took an instant dislike to it last time & pinned it to the ground.
So trying to be the responsible dog owner whilst standing at the top of the muddy grass bank, I went to quickly grab Tilly & put her lead on..... Too late though, as I grabbed her collar, she lunged forward & not only did I get my hand stuck in the chain of her collar, I fell - yes A over T down the bank ouch... did I feel a muppet. Tilly lost interest in the little dog & it's owner managed to get hold of it.
So I came to the conclusion that I needed a slip lead that I could just whip on her for such emergencies & made this today.
It started off as just a slip lead, but I don't have never ending pockets so I decided to put a trigger hook on the end of the handle so I could hook it around my neck & take as a spare lead..... I then realised that if turn it around, I can also use it as a regular lead by hooking it on to her collar & using the slip piece as a handle........ so it's basically 2 types of lead in 1 so I don't need to take 2 after all:)
I do know I've put the tag on the "wrong" side to what they are normally on, that is because I don't want to pull it tight on her neck or on my hand when using it the other way. It will only pull as tight as her neck size:)

Am going to try it out tomorrow:)

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
Can't see the pic :(

I love slip leads - they're all I'll use on Alfie, Blue and Harvey - although all their walks are off-lead, so I spend more time when them draped around my neck, just in case!

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Fab idea, Zipper has a slip lead from pets at home with 2 stoppers, one to stop it getting to tight and one on the outside of the loop to stop it getting too loose. But I'm loving the clip on yours.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brilliant idea!
Is the tab fixed then?
Thats the one thing about slip leads is no matter how tight fitting the tab is, it moves :mad:
I think a fixed tab is a great idea....

Will they be on general release soon :)
Naomi xx
I think the tab is fixed... when I say that I mean it is stitched down to the lead part so it is fixed there, but I don't yet how effective it will be at stopping it from going through the ring. I will be testing it out tomorrow on Tilly to see if it works properly, she's only tried it on & walked around the house bemused that we didn't head out of the front door tonight!
I've never actually seen a slip lead in real life, just saw pictures of those rope & leather type ones with the tab riveted on so it's trial & error at the moment ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.