UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started on SW on Monday, never followed a diet before but I knew something had to give, even the poor horse was groaning when I was getting on (joke but not far off!!!:lol:). So my friend has been on it for months and was raving so I thought I'd give it go...

All I can say is amazing amazing amazing!!!!! It's so easy to follow esp being a vegetarian plus I can figure out the 'syns' and I'm still allowed chocolate!!! I've never eaten so much it's fab!!

Anyone else tried this diet and how have you gone on? :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
I have done Slimming World before, it's a great diet and WILL work ;) Good Luck on it. My mate was a vegetarian when she did SW and she did great on it :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
My parent's use SW, and as I rarely eat red meat, it's been a godsend for me, as we always have vegetarian food in the house :) It works for my parents, and not that I need to go on a diet, it's helping me keep at my weight, well, lost a couple pounds.

·
Registered
810 Posts
my daughter joined slimming world 6 weeks ago and is now 1 stone lighter!!! she is doing really well and is learning how to eat sensibly. slimming world is more a lifestyle change than a diet....stick with the programme and you will succeed. it takes a while to get used to the format of working things out but you will do well on it...

·
Registered
188 Posts
hey, i do slimming world, ive lost over 2 and half stone and still going strong, its amasing, if u want to loose weight u will its that easy, ive got loads of receipes if u need any help!:thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
My daughter went to SW, lost 7.5lb in 2 weeks. first week (second week of going) she lost 7 lb, but threw a tantrum the next week when she only lost half of a pound, so I couldn't take her again
She still has her books and follows it alot of the time, she has gone from a size 20 to a 16 and is still losing gradually

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Me my mum do slimming world....my mum actually used to run groups as a consultant once hahaha but now we just attend a group as normal people XD

In our group we have quite a few target members, most noteable are Marie....has lost just over 6stone and is a vegetarian and a woman called Liz who has lost think its just over 10stone.

Amazing people, amazing plan to follow...its a lifestyle change more then a diet and you can eat so much and like someone said, you can still eat chocolate!

·
Registered
188 Posts
no thats kinda the idea, u are invited to talk about how ur week has gone, what u did well and if u didnt meet the target u wanted for tht week what u think you could have improved on.

I couldnt recommend it more!:thumbup:

For my tea tonight ive had chips, baked beans and fried eggs! Huge plateful and im stuffed and its all "free" could eat it that allday and still loose weight! Perfect!

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
I have been a member of Slimming World too. It is a good way to diet. I lost 2 1/2 stone on it for two years, didn't want to lose it too fast, luckilly most has stayed off too.
My Daughter is doing it at present, she is doing well.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to Slimming World.

Good luck to you JSR.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
hmm iv never heard of slimming world.

i am just starting the slim fast diet, where u have milkshake like drinks for two meals instead of food. dunno how well i will do on that. we will see.

·
Registered
23,249 Posts
I might have to try that one! Ive lost 6st twice now.. Once on Slimfast, once on healthy eating plan but its come back on with reinforcements within a year!:(
Im an emotional eater though so even though I know whats bad for me I eat it anyway..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
im very much the same, eating when im upset but SW has worked well for me, because you see such quick results and you can eat so much, you almost try to disprove the theory and just keep loosing weight its great!

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
My weight yo yos, i know exactly how to lose it but i also know exactly how to pile it back on at twice the speed :lol:

Think i kept it off the longest with SW though, the good habits seemed to stick more and there is no need to be hungry on it which is always good :thumbup:I am back on the diet treadmill today having over indulged again recently :eek:

Just had my porridge for brekkie :D Just need to avoid the Muffins with my coffee after walking Oscar now ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.