Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Slightly unprofessional....?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Royoyo, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

This morning I had a man come round from Virgin Media to fit a TV box in my bedroom. We have it downstairs but I live with my parents so I wanted Virgin in my room obviously. I had to give Virgin my phone number so they could phone me when they were coming to fit it. I didn't really talk to the man when he was around, I just said hello and told him where I wanted the box and made him a brew.

At about half 8 this evening I received this text message.... ''Hi Rhea, it's Karl the virgin media man from today. Do you fancy a drink sometime or 10? let me know bbe :p x''. Not very flattering tbqh. Found it a little unprofessional. Didn't like the fact he called me bbe either, that is VERY off putting and plus how does he even know I like men, I could be a lesbian!

I showed my Dad and he said he's going to complain, said it was a tad stalkerish that he had obviously saved my number. The man seemed alright though when he was here, he didn't look like weirdo, wasn't particularly old either..... :eek:

2. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Extremely unprofessional I'd say. Make sure he is reported to his employers.

3. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

your post really made me :laugh:

in all honesty though it is highly unprofessional, and he shouldn't be using your number like that, but I guess the real question is do you want to go for a drink with him? :ihih:

4. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

Ah, you can't blame a bloke for trying. Take it as a compliment (and NO dad approves of a bloke asking his daughter out under any circumstances).

Text him "No thanks" if you're not interested. He's only a pillock if he keeps chasing you when you've made it clear you're not interested.

5. la468

la468 Guest

I would find that creepy because of the bbe bit tbh, yes I would report it, I find it unprofessional.

6. chichi

chichi Banned

I would be quite annoyed if this were to happen to my DD.

I don't think I'd report him because he didn't actually act inappropriately at the house but I would not be happy. It is stalkerish imho.

7. chichi

chichi Banned

This is true.....was he fit ? ;)

8. la468

la468 Guest

Actually I want to add that I find it a tad creepy also because of the fact he took your number off the form and saved it for future use. Just my personal opinion.

9. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

ok

:eek:

whats bbe?

10. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

He wasn't my type tbh, he was a bit gangly and skinny. Looked a bit like an overgrown child.

11. la468

la468 Guest

It means babe. :) :)

#11 la468, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  12. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

bbe means babe....

13. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Id report him. Not to make you feel less special but he might be playing the averages and trying this with every young female customer he likes the look of!!:eek:

14. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

Stuff that for a game of tennis ..... If he is asking this of you , who else is he asking ..... Totally unprofessional ,and low-life behaviour, your dad is right , report him in fact ...... I'd flipping lynch him if you were my DD :D

15. chichi

chichi Banned

Ewwwww, sounds a treat :eek:

Oh well, as he's a minger, you can't even feel complimented, so I'd just block his number.

Some men are such chancers *smh* :D

16. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

Do you want me to send Karl round to you!? ;) :lol::lol:

17. tinktinktinkerbell

Not only unprofessional but slightly creepy

Calling someone you just met bbe urgh

Calling anyone bbe, double urgh

18. Lel

Lel PetForums Senior

Bet if he was a fittie you wouldn't be complaining!! ;)

In all seriousness no that clearly is not an appropriate use of your phone number. Does not give a good impression at all!

19. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Not PC at all , not professional either .. But is it worth reporting ?

Nah just delete or say no thanks.. Too much stress...

20. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

If he's using your number for anything other then professional reasons then you have every right to report him.

I've been in a position recently where I received unwanted texts from someone and I reported him. They suspended him whilst they investigated him.He ended up resigning from his job (no doubt cos he didn't wanna have to tell his WIFE the real reason he was suspended n possibly later sacked) :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice