Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Slightly Perplexed! - I'd Love To Hear Your Opinions Please.

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Simon., Jan 21, 2021.

1. Simon.

Simon. The Pet Business Web Design Guy!

Hi everyone,

It's been a good few years since I've posted in the forum and it seems like a few things have changed over the years! I've been dropping in now and again to read some of the threads (which are interesting, as always)

A little bit of background to my question:

I'm a web designer/marketer for pet businesses (don't worry, I'm not trying to pitch my services!:)) and for the past few years things have been going really well in the USA & Canada for my services, and I've built up a great small team that help me with creating websites, copywriting and marketing the websites.

Fast forward to 6 months ago:

Around 6 months ago I decided to replicate exactly what I've been doing for my American and Canadian clients but for UK pet businesses (which makes sense, because I'm from the UK!) Of course, we are in the midst of this awful pandemic so I was fully aware that my new UK website may not gather much traction to begin with.

Fast forward to now:

I was sort of wrong! I've had a lot of contact from pet businesses talking about my pricing. It's been one extreme to another, ranging from "It's way too cheap so therefore something is abit iffy" to "that's way too expensive, it's a rip off"

My question (finally) is:

What would you be prepared to pay for a pet care business website, that included everything? (website hosting, domain, content writing and monthly updates, security, maintenance...literally everything!) My pricing is structured as... one-time setup payment (payable at start of service) plus a monthly payment (payable every month, starting 30 days after the set up payment has been paid). For example, £xxx one-time setup payment followed by £xxx per month. I do not use tie-in contracts, so the client can cancel anytime.

I'd really appreciate your honesty because I am truly perplexed by some of the questions/responses I've received about my pricing!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and hopefully giving me your opinions!:)

Simon

SIDE NOTE - I havn't put in my actual prices or website address as I don't want this to be seen as spam or some sort of pitch, I'm after honest opinions!

ADMINS -
    I wasn't too sure which category to post my question in, so I've posted it in a couple of categories, please remove from the categories which are not suitable, thank you.
    Posted in:
    Dog Services > Dog Walking
    Dog Services > Dog Grooming
    Dog Services > Dog Boarding
    Animal Jobs & Working with Animals

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice