Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

slightly off topic but please reassure me i haven't just gone mad

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by troublestrouble, Jan 26, 2012.

1. troublestrouble

troublestrouble PetForums Senior

i've just been slated in a wedding forum because i'm inviting people to my wedding who i don't know the surname off. these are the people i walk the dogs with every morning, have seen them every day for the last two years and hopefully will continue to for the next 18 month lead up to the wedding. we go to house parties and bbq, look after each others dogs if we need it at the drop of a hat...... why wouldn't i invite them???

i didn't realise knowing someone's surname was a mark of their friendship

(good job i didn't add that someone i'd like to invite i only know as 'percy's mum' hehehee

:confused1:

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

no, i think its lovely :)
    certainly more of a support network than some second cousin you havent seen since you was 12 weeks old

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I think thats a lovely thing to invite them :)

4. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

As long as you know the groom's surname, I don't see that anything matters. Tell them to pee off. I have to think about surnames of even old, close friends and there is no reason in the world why you should know the surnames of people you dog walk with. That is no reason not to invite them FFS

Does anybody actually use surnames anymore? I get quite annoyed when I register for online with a company and it comes up with "Good morning, Margaret". Who gave them permission to call me by my first name? But they don't even ask, just do it.

You invite who the hell you like, love.

5. trixiemixy

trixiemixy Guest

I think it's lovely that you want to invite them :)

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

You can invite whoever you like and these people sound like true friends that you will enjoy sharing your day with.

7. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Ive lived next door to my neighbour for 12 years Ive got her house key she has mine... I let her cat out at lunchtime..
    She asked me for a loan when she got robbed..

We have a laugh, she cried on my shoulder when her son left home, I cried on hers when Oscar was sick...
    I have no idea of her surname ...would knowing make me like her any more??

Its not a persons name that makes them important its their integrity of spirit.

8. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Its your day invite who you want, those that mind dont matter & those that matter dont mind :D x

9. Werehorse

Werehorse PetForums VIP

I only know loads of people's surnames cos of Facebook. What utter tosh! You invite whoever you want to your wedding - give invites to random homeless folk if you like - it's YOUR day so YOU make the decisions. End of.

10. Baileys Blind

Baileys Blind PetForums Senior

That's riduculous - It's your wedding you can invite whomever you want :thumbup:

Does it matter about their names - I see everyday 2 little ole ladies with 4 small dogs between them, they must spend hours out walkies, that's probably for the last 2 yrs, I've been to their homes for a cuppa, I love old people they're just so interesting to talk to :biggrin: I can name their dogs but please don't ask me their names :eek: hahahaha I just don't know I refer to them as the oldies when speaking to my OH :nonod:

11. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Your wedding,your rules,I would much rather have people around on such a special day that actually know who you are than a distant relative,that you feel you have to invite.I don't know the surnames of any of the people I walk with each day,there's usually at least half a dozen of us,I have only recently found out their first names,I call them Maxs dad etc;)

12. PennyH

PennyH PetForums Senior

I have been married twice. First time around, I did everything "right".... engaged for many years, got married in a church with a white dress, top hat and tails for groom, invited every single relative we knew plust loads we had forgotten we knew, rolls royce etc etc etc.
    That marriage lasted 11 pretty difficult years.
    Second time around, only been together a fairly short time, we were paying for it ourselves - married on a budget at a registry office, I wore a new skirt and blouse, both kids at the wedding (LOL!), reception in pub over the road, invited just those people we wanted there with us on our special day - this marriage is still going strong almost 16 years later and we are like a couple of newly weds!!!
    It's who you marry that matters, not who comes along on the day!

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding - I wish you health and happiness in the future!!! I would do the same as you.

Dally Banjo likes this.
  13. troublestrouble

well i'm glad i'm not the only one. i guess the people having a go arn't dog owners. can't imagine them not being there tbh, their dogs are of course invited too but i'm not sure how many will take me up on that but i want the top layer of my cake to be a doggy cake and i'm not sure Trouble and Stark should be eating it all on their own hehe

(i didn't tell the forum people that either as i think it would drive them crazy)

:D

14. Dally Banjo

The spots did'nt get any of this but they had lots of treats :D

[​IMG]

15. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

OOOhhhh I like :D.

16. troublestrouble

will def def def be showing this to the man, we really want the four of us on top of the cake-did you do them yourself or get them done??

17. Dally Banjo

None left sorry but I still have the little spots in a box except Banjo's ear fell off :w00t: :lol:

18. Dally Banjo

My mum made the cake & her friend did the decorations :D I was just :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: when I opend the box :lol: best wedding present we had :D

19. Dally Banjo

20. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice