Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

slightly boiled chicken wings?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Shadow And Lightning, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

was reading online somewhere that boiled chicken wings are ok for cats anyone know if this is true? milo and jake are my only two that wont eat chicken wings but they love cooked chicken... their teeth are reflecting the lack of bone also and if i was attempt to brush their teeth.. i would hav no eyes

2. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

They are not Ok. Chicken bone splinters when cooked, so you may end up with some serious injuries. Could you maybe mix some raw meat in with the cooked to get them used to the taste, then start presenting with the wings from time to time raw?

3. Notnowbernard

Notnowbernard PetForums Senior

My cats won't tackle a raw chicken wing but will demolish wings from smaller birds i.e. poussin. Could you try them on something smaller. I think mine were just daunted by a chicken wing and needed some coaxing to build up to it.

4. cookiemom

cookiemom PetForums Senior

Try them with chicken necks, necks are easy to smash up with a hammer or other implement it they are still reluctant, then gradually smash less and less, or offer them cut length ways or across in 'coins'.

Never ever feed cooked bones for the reasons given above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice