UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was reading online somewhere that boiled chicken wings are ok for cats anyone know if this is true? milo and jake are my only two that wont eat chicken wings but they love cooked chicken... their teeth are reflecting the lack of bone also and if i was attempt to brush their teeth.. i would hav no eyes

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
They are not Ok. Chicken bone splinters when cooked, so you may end up with some serious injuries. Could you maybe mix some raw meat in with the cooked to get them used to the taste, then start presenting with the wings from time to time raw?

·
Registered
632 Posts
My cats won't tackle a raw chicken wing but will demolish wings from smaller birds i.e. poussin. Could you try them on something smaller. I think mine were just daunted by a chicken wing and needed some coaxing to build up to it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Try them with chicken necks, necks are easy to smash up with a hammer or other implement it they are still reluctant, then gradually smash less and less, or offer them cut length ways or across in 'coins'.

Never ever feed cooked bones for the reasons given above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.