Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sleepy Simba been to the vets

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, May 24, 2010.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I've not long got back from the vets with a very sleepy Simba. I was just taking him and his sister for a walk and noticed there was blood everywere.

He has a gash about 2" long on the inside of his back leg. I couldn't stop the bleeding to even find out what he had done so phoned the vet. They were just about to close but waited for me to make the 25 minute journey so they could see him.

He had a mild aneasthetic and one that is reversable I'm not sure how many stitches he has as his leg is all bandaged with a blue bandage.

The vet kindly waited for me to get there even though they were just closing when I phoned and it takes me 25 minutes to get there. He and his wife had a table booked for a meal but he waited for me. He allowed me to bring him home to sleep it off so I know have a very sleepy whippet.

2. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i hope simba is feeling better soon...

your vet sounds like a good one :thumbup:

3. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Poor boy, and wow I envy you, it's nice to hear of a decent vet for once :thumbup:

4. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Sounds like a very nice vet. :thumbup: and sleep is one of the best medicines for being poorly. ;) If nothing else it ensures Simba stays relatively still while a little healing processes takes place. :D

5. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Aw Bless Simba, big cuddles, hope you get better soon.
    What a brilliant vet to
    xx

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

He is he is great he was reccomended to me by a friend as he has whippets of his own. We've used him for nearly 8 years and even though he is out a way from me I'd rather travel to him then use the local vets.

He allowed Simba to come home as he knew if there was any problem I would take him straight in. I thanked him and he said if he is there then he is open if an emergency comes in.

Simba only had a light aneasthetic and manged to walk out to me even though he was bit wobbly.

7. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Simba has now slept of the aneasthetic and this morning tried to make up for not having his run yesterday by charging round the garden on 3 legs.

He's a good boy and hasn't bothered with his bandage in the night but I'm not sure how much longer it will stay on for.:thumbup:

8. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Good to hear Simba is feeling well this morning.
    Fingers crossed the bandages stay in place.
    It must of been quite a fright last night for you.

9. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Poor boy, hope he's feeling better this morning.

I met a couple at the vets last week who also breed whippets - they were in with one of theirs with a gash too.

10. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Hope Simba is feeling better soon, and your vets do sound great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice