UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had sheldon for 7 months now and he has always been in my bedroom. this was goin alrite only wakin me up few times for a stroke but now its completely out of hand.
hes up all night scratchin on my bed the curtains blinds the quilt. he runs round the bedroom off the bed on the bed and so forth. im now lucky if i get a few hours sleep each nite. ive tried playin with him rite b4 bed so hes tired out. ive tried gettin up and tellin him off every time which turns into a game for him. iv tries pickin him up and takin him out the bedroom. ive tried puttin him on his scratch post durin his scratch session. none of this seems to be workin.

i have a spare bedroom with his post and toys in. how hard would it be for me to put him in there on a night and let him out wen i get up?
also would a feliway diffuser work in settlin him down?

thanx for any help really needed

G

·
wow have we all been there sweetie, try giving him his play time earlier & his grooming time before bed, when he realises the last bit of attention is the grooming he may settle. How about his food do you feed him before you go to bed?
I know it's cruel but you need sleep & he needs you, happy. Do the spare bedroom thing even if it is just to give you a sleep. I sometimes have to pop my fur buddy in the kitchen as he cries for the early morning twitters of birds & I feel so guilty but he seems none the worse & I get a good night's sleep to give him my attention.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you tried telling him off? I know its a taboo subject but i went down all the usual tricks with one of our foster kittens and im ashamed to admit i lost my temper and shouted at him and stormed after him (i would never lift a finger to any animals) and it scared the bajeebies out of him and after that i think the message got through that when i am in bed he kept quiet. :blush:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried telling him off? I know its a taboo subject but i went down all the usual tricks with one of our foster kittens and im ashamed to admit i lost my temper and shouted at him and stormed after him (i would never lift a finger to any animals) and it scared the bajeebies out of him and after that i think the message got through that when i am in bed he kept quiet. :blush:
i have tried all the tellin off things lol. i have tapped his nost i have said no i have done allsorts.
however i was searching on net and came across somethin which said bout putting him on the floor everytime he gets on the bed. so everytime he was comin for a stroke he goes on the floor. now he either sleeps on the floor or does his own thing as im now asleep all nite. or he comes to bed with me and curls up next to me.

dunno wat changed but its workin so far so all keep fingers crossed lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.