Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sleeping arrangements

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by claudius, Jul 25, 2009.

1. claudius

claudius PetForums Newbie

Ok we now leave Tiff and Bell to do their own thing at night but what about Jessica/Miranda? She is so tiny and apart from the other cats its a big house for her to wander around. We have a room set up as a nursery with everything she needs but when we put her there she cries, we won't sleep if she keeps crying but I won't sleep if I don't separate them for fear of her being lost or eaten?!?!?
    Help please

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

keep her separate from the others at first and even if she cries jsut ignore her leave her with litter tray/toys food/water she will soon settle, dont keep going in or shell know that crying=mummy coming to get me !

3. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

Ooops!
    If only we had seen this before bed last night, I landed up sleeping in the spare room with her, after being scratched to bits she settled down and snuggled up under my chin. No such luxury tonight though she will just have to get on with it (feel so bad already!)

4. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

Lol....oh dear..bad move :D

5. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

We left Jessica in her room last night and unless I was unconcious before my head hit the pillow then she didn't make a sound (although she does do silent meowing sometimes).
    When I went through this morning she was in the bed, under the quilt, it was so cute, all snuggled up with her head on the pillow and quilt over her, only a little ear sticking out. Talk about a pampered puss, she is the size of my hand and sleeps in a double bed! :eek:

Missing all my girls terribly being at work, but OH is there with them until I get home, wish I could give up work and just stay home with my babies.

Might try to get a pic tmrw morning but she doesn't stay long once she see's me come in.

6. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

New kittens always sleep in our room with the door shut & access to a tray & bowls with food & water. As they grow (in confidence to chase OH's toes!!!) they are encouraged to sleep elsewhere. Last night we had both cats asleep at the foot of our bed with the door open to wander freely. Success, I think. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice