Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sky and Funky in vet

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Funky, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Funky was booked as his poop was very runny again-we just came from holiday plus he was bonded so it may be stress but to double check he was booked for vet visits!
    I came home and there is Sky not intrested in food at all-so j called vet and asked if I can take both. She has been seen first-and while we examine her she jumped over my shoulder I managed to catch her. She has done it second time and landed on the floor-she moved ok afterwards. She had all medicines for gut problem and she supposed to go home but I said I vet after she fell from my shoulder I want her to be admitted even if vet said she is fine. She just jumped straight over shoulder-I try to catch we but couldn't.
    I was worried that she maybe in shock and won't show she is hurt-I am so upset about that! I am now really worrying about her.
    She had metacam so she shouldn't been in pain.
    If she would hurt her could we notice that straight away?

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Miffy went into gut stasis when I bonded her to George she was so used to being on her own. Have you worked them both for the full course already?

Miffy would easily jump 4ft just for the fun of it, your shoulders probably not much higher so Im sure she will be ok

3. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

My head hurts! I got her first time but second she just wanted to jump over me.
    She moved ok and vet said she wouldn't if something would happen. Richard said she landed on feet and rolled over -when I turned she was on her site.
    It make me feel awful - it just happened so quickly and she slipped through my hands as I try to grab her.
    I am going to call in an hour to see what is going on
    And if she started eating her hay.

4. metame

metame PetForums VIP

I hope they're both ok

5. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

God I know how awful that is. One of ours did that at the vets years ago - only once. The rabbit was fine, we were totally shocked.

If your bunny had broken anything, it would have shown straight away. If she didn't land awkwardly, she is probably OK. The vet will keep a close eye on her, keep her warm and hydrated, and hopefully she will be home tomorrow, none the worse for wear.

6. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I just called them as forgot to mention that ze needs panacur tonight and vet said that she is already eating.
    She said she is in kennel and she seems comfortable but bit later when she settles in they will put her on floor and see how she is hopping but she is moving around fine.

7. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

It is sounding very promising. Hopefully she is fine, and it was just a scare all round.

8. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Hi there! Hopefully Sky is home and fine??

9. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

We just came home:D she still is in her carrier with open door as I don't want to force her. Everybody going to say hello go her.
    Poor little thing.

10. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

She is siting in one place and seems very withdrawn - we were allowe to give her metacam which I did but she doesn't look right to me! Maybe because she was in the car?
    I am really worrying about her. If she is funny tomorrow mornin I will take her back to vets.

11. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

For now, just give her time to settle back in. Try not to overfuss her - rabbits are so sensitive,they easily pick up our stress.

She's had a night away on top of everything else, which is going to stress her out.

We've had rabbits that come back from the vets and are back to normal but one or two that get really stressed and take a few days to settle down.

Perhaps give her a Snugglesafe if you have one.

See how she goes, but if you feel something is wrong - and only you know her best - phone and have a chat with the vet. At least you have Iain nearby too.

12. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I talked to vets already as she is not right!
    We have set up dog crate in our living room -removed her from group. I have her on hands now to massage tummy-she doesn't want to eat.
    Richard picked up infacol and baby food. She doesn't want to eat baby food and she has been scratching my top as she was not happy -with Funky usually that means he is better. She is free to go but sits on my lap.

13. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Oh dear. Poor you, poor Sky. It is going to be hard to know whether it is to do with the original reason she went to the vets, or something to do with her jump - most probably the former.

She will need fluid more than anything - can you syringe water in?

Also, there is quite a lot of scope to give more metacam, but you would need the doage from the vets.

((((((((((((((Sending mega vibes to Sky))))))))))))

14. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

She had metacam tonight 7kg dosage.
    I can syringe water her -I am going to put bio lapis Into water.
    She started lying more comfortable - not sitting like chicken, she has now her back legs bit stretched. If she won't start eating by morning she is going back. She is pooing though.

15. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I have syringe water Sky and she drunk a lot.
    She was eating hay on her own but nt as much as I would like. I have given her bit of carrot (I know is full of sugar but she needs to eat something and she loves carrot -I have let her to take 5 or 6 bites -very small amount) and kale which she have eaten.
    I hope by morning her pellets will be eaten.
    On the other hand I had to separate Hodge forgets he was trouble maker and now he had fighted with Faith and Barbie Oscar and Elliot so I just closed him at double tier hutch and tomorrow I need to bring his big hutch with attached run where he used o stay on his own-he is lovely bunny but doesn't get on with others.

16. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

She didnt eat pellets but had but of kale.
    I am just sitting with her -have given her Timothy hay and she was nibbling that and she came out of crate-yesterday she didnt want go move today she hopped around room and now she is lying comfortable next to door

Attached Files:

17. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

What a rough time you are having. Perhaps Sky is still recovering from stasis, rather than anything to do with the fall? I hope she has improved a bit during the day.

18. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

She still doesn't want to eat pellets but she is adventurous and pooping everywhere in our living room :eek:

Attached Files:

19. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Bit of issue-we have put her with group and Oscar started chasing her really bad!!! So now she is in utility room on her own-i don't know now if I need to split my group-girls and boys plus hodge separately.

20. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

She will smell different, having stayed at the vets, as well as be acting dfferent at the moment.

Ours are in pairs and trios, so they usually go to the vets together. If they can't, the others come to the pick up appointment, then they travel back together in the carry case.

I'd normally suggest a car ride to help rebond, but that's a bit difficult with a tribe.

The first thing is to get her better. Then if you want to rebond her back in, you will need to go right back to the small neutral space. I wouldn't expect it to take long though to get them back together though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice