Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Skitters again ?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Mese, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

My pair have both come down with the skitters again ???
    I came down this morning to two crates in a truly disgusting state and two very sorry looking babies , both of whom needed a bath ... why I never heard them barking , if they even did bark last night , i'll never know

Their food hasnt been changed , no new treats have been introduced ... they havent eaten anything on their walks or swam/paddled in any ponds etc ... im going to ring my vet first thing monday and see whether he recommends taking them in for a check-up

They've both just wolfed down some chicken and brown rice , and drank about a gallon of iced water between them
    I'll probably end up sleeping on the sofa in their room tonight so I can make sure a repeat of last night doesnt happen again , cos it really must have been horrible for them having to sleep (or try to) in that mess :( :( :(

2. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

I take it from your pic that your dogs are collies? some collies can have delicate tums mine have they use to be fine then one day it just started with the squits!!! so I had to re-think their food needless to say once I'd sorted out the food thing they have been fine. I know some people on this site don't rate Hills but this is the only one my dogs tums are o.k with.

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

We have had some really hots days lately and maybe your dogs have a touch of heat stroke????????? I hope they will be ok, I hate it when a dog have the runs and there dont seem to be an answer for it. You have gone through everything you can think of and it is both of them and not just the one, I would defo visit the vet as too many days of this can be bad for them both, as much as they drink if they are getting dehydrated then it wouldnt matter how much they drank until the problem is found and sorted they will still drink and have the squirts. Bless them, hope they both get better soon, xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice