Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

skinny ab and im new on here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by debodeebs, May 16, 2010.

1. debodeebs

debodeebs PetForums Junior

hi all my name is danny and i am new to this site so ill be asking a few questions if thats ok.

my american bulldog is 11 week old and is very skinny you can see his ribs.
    i feed him dry food which is wagg 3-4 times a day. he got wormed by the vets 3 week ago.

could someone guide me on what i need to do to get my ab the same size as the rest of the litter because there was 13 pups and 4-5 of them were small and skinny like mine.

many thanks in advance

2. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Welcome. 13 is a big litter didn't the vet give any advice when he was wormed

3. debodeebs

hi thanks for your reply yes she told me he was way to small and told me he has not been wormed so she did it for me when she did his injection. and said to feed him 4 meals a day which is what i have been doing. 3 week later he has gotten taller but no fatter

4. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

hi and welcome to pf :thumbup:

5. metame

metame PetForums VIP

just wanted to say hi and welcome to pf

6. debodeebs

hi and thanks for your welcome

7. hawksport

hawksport Banned

If he were mine then I would use a better quality of food and mix in some minced tripe and keep him on the four small meals a day for a while. It sounds like he's not had a good start but with a bit of extra care he should be allright.

8. debodeebs

thanks alot i dont have much experience like i do with reptiles but i read that mixing barf with dry food or biscuits will make your dog unhealthy as it can cause digestion problems. but like i said i dont know much and would like a really good healthy bulking diet for my dog.

cheers again

9. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

1st of all..welcome to the forum..

And as for bulking him/her up !
    There is plenty of time for that.
    With an american bulldog, you don't want to load the legs with to much weight early on.
    Let the dog mature..then once fully grown. You can bulk him/her up if needed !!
    There is lots of really fat bulky bulldogs out there..that people seem to think is the right look for them. But its not.

I've seen dogs that looked under weight for a 1-2 years..then suddenly fill up with the right muscle tone.

Hope you get the right food. I posted a few links on the diet section for you !!

10. debodeebs

nice one mate thanks for your help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice