Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Skink?

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by PsyKoViggy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. PsyKoViggy

PsyKoViggy PetForums Member

Well, i'm new here but i'v noticed there are 3 threads about skinks, but only one states what sort of a skink is owned.
    There are huge differences between the species, such as i own a Blue Tongued Skink which is a reasonably sized, squishy, friendly lizard that eat veg and meat and is out in the day and doesn't do will in humidity, but the species i hope to breed in future is the Crocodile Skink.. a small, armoured, shy skink which doesn't like handling, comes out at night, eats only live insects and you need to practicly flood its viv because it needs so much humidity.

So, i supose what i'm really trying to get at is, what skinks do people here own?

2. puddles

puddles PetForums Junior

mines a yellow sided skink sleeps in
    18-23 c
    day temp
    28-31

eats about 1 huge cricket a day
    no veggies yet but im trying lol
    sleeps alot during the afternoon. very active in the morning and if you take him out he is very very fast and active lol.

he likes to bury him self in the sand when he sleeps

3. PsyKoViggy

I was just looking at the pictures you have up here of him, he's adorable!
    Can imagin him being fast, yeh.. glad mine is nice and slow, heheh.

4. puddles

puddles PetForums Junior

maybe some day ill get a video of him running.
    gotta make sure you dont turn for a second or he will dart to some dark place lol
    and i was looking and your skink and he is huge compared to mine. wow how big of a tank do ya got him in

5. PsyKoViggy

A video would be awesome!

My little Till has still got quite a bit of growing to do, heheh.
    He's in a 3 foot viv at the moment, but i'm not 100% on which species of BTS he is so he could grow to 2 feet..
    Thankfully, because they arn't just energetic, he will be find in the viv he has now, but when i have the space and money i'll get him something bigger anyway.

6. Nigel

Nigel PetForums Junior

Heres my BTS's. I've had them probably 10 years now.

The male is really dull as he's coming into shed,he's usually has as much colour as the female. The females starting to look really chubby now as they been breeding all winter :D

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice