Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Skin rash on my new dog

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Kippersmum, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Kippersmum

Kippersmum PetForums Newbie

Hi there

I got my dog Kipper one week ago from a rescue shelter. He has developed a rash which is visible on his tummy since yesterday. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all. Since Monday he has had a booster jab at the vets, a worming tablet and his flea prevention. Could any of these have caused a side effect? Apart from his rash he is fine - enjoying being in his new pack and having a whale of a time!
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Kippersmum

Should I go to the vet or wait and see what happens?

3. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Hi,

It could be a few things, it could be a heat rash or stress form moving again. It also could be where he has suddenly had alot of chemicals in one go and its his bodys way of coping.

Sorry I'm not much help but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help

:D

4. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

The rash could be caused by so many things, all the above mentioned plus the possibility that he's sensitive to something in your house or has been bitten by something outside like harvest mites or ants. All you can do is keep an eye on it, put on some aloe vera gel to help it heal, and go to the vet if it gets worse, doesn't get better soon, or if it starts bothering him.

5. Kippersmum

Thanks for your suggestions.:)

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Hmm it's possible it might be fleas and he's sensitive to the saliva. Pop along to your vet for a checkup :)

7. Kippersmum

Thanks for all the advice. I have been putting Sudocrem on him once a day and this is really helping. :)

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Sudocrem is good stuff, glad to hear that it is getting better, it is worrying when they get things and there is no answer to what it may be. xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice