Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sitter spending more money...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Littlemilo, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Littlemilo

Littlemilo PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, my beloved bunny has been in my friends care since Mid June, and she kindly said that I did not have to pay her to care for him, but of course I would be expected to pay for his food and bedding and stuff. So when I calculated my own spending out, it would come to around $50 a month on pellets, hay, litter and veggies. Her expenses are coming up to $100 a month on the same 4 items. she is doing an order of all every two weeks. my bunny did not go through a 2.5lb bag of pellets in 2 weeks, that took him around a month. I am really upset and confused because at this time I owe her 400 dollars on just that and it has been from mid June to now, when if I had him I would have spent around 200. this is double what I spend and I dont know how to address this. she has been ordering his food and stuff online so the shipping fees are also making it a lot more, and I used to go to the store and collect it. does anyone have any advice on how to handle this situation moving forward? I am unemployed at the moment and I chose to get my sweet bunny because firstly I love him so much and he is adorable, but I knew that caring for him wouldn't break the bank. but its been 4 months and it has costed me 400 dollars. any advice?

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Can’t you just get him back now?

tabelmabel likes this.
  3. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

Ask for receipts and how much she has stockpiled if you don't think he's actually got through all that but honestly without knowing if you have a written agreement prior to your friend taking on the sitting duties, it's going to be tricky.

4. Littlemilo

no, im out of the country still.

5. Littlemilo

she unfortunately hasn't kept any receipts. im just shocked because it costed me so little and this is a lot of money.

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Be honest and say you’re shocked at the big increase in costs and how it’s going to hit you hard in the pocket.

7. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Anything bought on line will have a record and it would be a simple matter for her to access them so "not having receipts" is bs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice