UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't going to say anything until next week, when the deed was done and I could show you some up to date photos - but I can't keep quiet any longer! Guess where I am going on Saturday? Only to Plymouth to pick up our new bergamasco puppy!!!! :D

The breeder of our present three owns the sire, and a friend of mine owns the dam. We haven't seen the pups in the flesh yet because it's a 10 hour round drive from us to Plymouth, and I soooooo can't wait to see them - all 13 of them! We have earmarked a black boy, but on the understanding that when we get there, we will have the dog we bond with :) We have third pick of the litter but as there are 13 in total I guess we'll find one we like.

These are the pups at 7 days:

The boys at 3 weeks:

the girls at 3 weeks:

and Mum is the black on the left

I just cannot wait until next Saturday :D :D :D

G

·
oh wow it's hard to believe they grow into dogs with coats like that isn't it? lovely dogs.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Oh wow, so exciting!

I've never heard of this breed :eek: but they look smashing, wouldn't fancy the 'hair care' though :D:D They look a bit like a Puli I think, not that I've seen one for years...

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the congratulations and good wishes everyone - this week is going to seem longer than the rest of the year put together! :p

oh wow it's hard to believe they grow into dogs with coats like that isn't it? lovely dogs.
Oh wow, so exciting!

I've never heard of this breed :eek: but they look smashing, wouldn't fancy the 'hair care' though :D:D They look a bit like a Puli I think, not that I've seen one for years...
They are similar to a puli, but a puli is corded and the bergamasco maps are flat.

What I thought might be a good idea is if I make a thread about the new pup's coat care and update it at regular intervals (with pics, of course), then you can all see how the coat develops from the smooth puppy coat into the maps. Would anyone like that?

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
I met a Bergamasco at DD a few years ago. I was quite suprised how soft the fur was. I expected it to be very coarse and for some reason to feel greasy. The owner was surrounded by people, so I never got to ask about the care of the coat, so this would be really interesting to read about.:thumbup1:

·
Super Moderator
29,639 Posts
Wow, they look so different when they're babies! Congratulations Spellweaver:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
How exciting! :D I love the look of Bergamascoes :) I hadn't heard of them until earlier this year when someone on here mentioned them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Aww they are soo sweet! All the puppies on here are making me very puppy broody. They are beautiful dogs. Can i ask how you groom them? Can you brush them? I guy I knew through showing a few years ago had a puli and I was always curious as how he groomed them

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Aww Val!!!! Will have to come see your pup sometime.

Adorable.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Thanks for all the congratulations and good wishes everyone - this week is going to seem longer than the rest of the year put together! :p

They are similar to a puli, but a puli is corded and the bergamasco maps are flat.

What I thought might be a good idea is if I make a thread about the new pup's coat care and update it at regular intervals (with pics, of course), then you can all see how the coat develops from the smooth puppy coat into the maps. Would anyone like that?[/QUOTE]

i was just going to ask you that :D congratulations!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.