Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Singles??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nicolaa123, Sep 10, 2018.

1. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

So spent nearly a year on the dating scene and all in all it’s not been great! Just can’t seem to find a “normal” man that doesn’t have more issues than me!!

How do you find a man these days?

2. FeelTheBern

FeelTheBern They don't like it up 'em, sir!

"Timber" or something, apparently.

3. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

The traditional approach maybe? Friends who like matchmaking or family?

I have impression that online approach creates just too many time wasters... happens to many of my friends...

Or just bad luck....

Tyson1919 likes this.
  4. KittenEevee

KittenEevee Crazy Cat Lady

I think dating sites are a good thing, I've used them and had some real horrible men say some horrible things, that they probably wouldn't even have the guts to say if we were to meet in person.
    Most were horrible, some were lovely.
    I am quite a quiet shy person so I like the idea of dating sites and meetup(to meet friends).
    I'd suggest meetup, it's got lots of clubs on it. It's not a dating site but you can search for your interests and usually there is a group. I'm a part of a few groups. I've been to a few coffee chats and really enjoyed meeting different people.

5. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Walking the dog .

6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

You lucky sod, I'd love to be on my own.
    I've met two of the best guys you could wish to meet in my life and I'd still rather be on my own.
    Sorry I know that's not the answer you wanted :oops:

Have you found someone? :D

kimthecat likes this.
  7. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

My current and last partner I hope , I used to hang about the park in the freezing cold waiting for him to turn up and pretending I'd just got there . :Hilarious
    It was worth it. :)

8. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Thanks all for the suggestions! Online is a minefield and one guy was not who he said he was at all!

9. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Spill the beans then, don't leave us guessing or we will draw our own conclusions. :D

kimthecat likes this.
  10. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Well he used a fake name and kept wanting to marry me

MilleD likes this.
  11. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

:eek: Creepy!

If any man says they are divorced ,ask to see the divorce papers.
    Dont fall for the "my wife doesn't understand me " What that means is I'm a serial adulterer and I dont understand why my wife cant just forgive and forget.

nicolaa123 and LinznMilly like this.
  12. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Met my now husband 6 and a bit years ago on the net........

nicolaa123 likes this.
  13. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Any friends or family who could set you up? I know quite a few who have met their partner that way, I set my best friend up with my OH'S friend and they've been together years now :)

My other friend has just married the guy she met on online dating, she met a few duds before meeting him but it was definitely worth it :)

14. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

That was so sneaky! Am shocked @kimthecat. However I am so pleased it worked out for you.

My sister is single keeps going on a lot of dates... She's not an animal lover allergic to most but does actually like a good walk. Maybe I should hire my dogs out to her because quite frankly the little ones get comments from the most random of men!

kimthecat likes this.
  15. AlexPed2393

AlexPed2393 PetForums Senior

Met my fiance online, but there are some right oddballs out there before you find someone worth talking to :)

16. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I was planning on going on Match.com, and through some of glitch during payment it didn't work and I contacted them to ask what had gone wrong. In the spirit of good customer service, they apologised and gave me 3 days free access to the whole job as it were.

That was perfectly long enough for me to decide I want nothing to do with the (mostly) idiots and weirdos on the thing.

Then went out for a drink with a friend and 'pulled' a guy 7 years my junior.

He seemed nice, but we were on a girls night out and after a few pints (I know, classy :D), I ran off to another pub.

But the moral of the story (if there is one) is that I think I prefer the old fashioned method.

I do think that dating sites have their place for people who don't feel confident going out and talking to folk, but to be honest, that's not me.

After the end of my 14 year old relationship, I think I'm getting my mojo back.

And if I don't meet the right guy? Who cares? I think they are more likely to come along if I don't reek of desperation :D

westie~ma and nicolaa123 like this.
  17. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

There are some very strange men online, I am sure and as some of you have said some good ones too.

Problem is I’m so busy with work and study (uni degree) I don’t always get time and when I’m on nights out, men are either too young or too old for me!

I do not have a lot of self confidence so find it difficult to do the whole going up to some one and “chat” them up. Online does take the whole scarey bit away in that respect.

I will keep on the search....

18. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Perhaps you need to extend your parameters :D

cheekyscrip and nicolaa123 like this.
  19. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

20. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums Senior

I used to use Pof and OKCUPID. I tried Match.com and turned out to be exactly the same men from the free sites. Waste of money and embarrassing.
    I have met a few men from the internet. None were any good. I did end up having a 2 year frienship with someone because I felt sorry for him. It was such a relief to end that friendship. There are a lot of strange men on there. You need to be very careful and patient because you could find someone.
    There are a lot of men on there who are losers but there are also some who cant meet people in real life because all their friends are married or maybe they are single dads or work anti social hours. Its just a question of wading through the crap to find them..
    I gave up with it about 3 years ago. I have limited patience though

nicolaa123 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice