Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Single Vaccines?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by essex spaniels, Nov 21, 2012.

1. essex spaniels

essex spaniels PetForums Member

We are in a bit of a quandry at the moment, rosie our 7yr old springer had/has mast cell cancer, she has been treated with radiotherapy & chemo, so far she is clear,

We couldn't vacs her in august when she was due as she was having chemo & vet didn't recommend it, but if she stays clear for the next few weeks we are considering revacinated her as we don't have anyone we can rely on if we were going out for the day, if she isn't vacs we wouldn't be able to use the boarding kennels etc

We have spoken to the vet to ask him if there is any risk that the vacs would kick off the cancer again & he said it shouldn't but its not 100%

So as not to overload her immune system I was wondering if its possible to vacinate them for one thing at a time rather than the whole lot in one go?

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Yes it is, but it would cost you a lot of money as the vet would have to buy in a batch of single vaccines JUST for you, so you would end up paying for say 25 vials of each.

Have you looked at various boarding kennels to see if any will accept nosodes?

3. essex spaniels

essex spaniels PetForums Member

I rung around loads the other week & it was a waste of time, I said I would get her titre tested but no one even understood what I was talking about, one woman accused me of being a cheapskate by not vacs!

4. catseyes

catseyes PetForums VIP

Oh god how nasty of her, maybe talk to your vets about immunising 1 at a time, if it were me after everything she has been through i would be inclined to wait up to a year but thats just me...

Shame i dont live in woodham anymore could have looked after her for you!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice