UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not altogether sure i should admit to this but i sing to my dog.

My son thinks im crazy, i've heard a builder working next door laughing in the garden and my neighour thinks i am crackers, but i love singing to Molly and she seems to like it! (good job she cant speak otherwise she might say otherwise!)
We have a selection of songs that i change the lyrics so that they fit in with her name and include:

Molly Moo, molly moo riding through the glen (sang to the robin hood theme)
Her name was Molly, she was a staffie (sang to copacabana song)
That's what makes her beautiful (that good old one direction song)

Does anyone else sing to their dogs or should i edit this post and pretend it was about something intellectual and not about singing to a staffie in the kitchen??

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
Waggy tails, waggy tails, tails for you and me! (sang to Raggy Dolls theme tune).

Naaaah, I never do that!:eek:
You're abit weird you are.......:cool:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I do too, and I talk to them when walking round the park too.

Puddings song for ages was Poker Face (because she used to poke her foot into your face when you were asleep if she wanted attention) it became pupp-pup -pup pokey face.

only made it up as our old neighbours used to continually play it on full volume on loop so it got stuck in my head.

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
i admit it, i am terrible i am always singing to the dog :eek:

"shes my cali cali calidog" in the tune of cold plays paradise
"Cali dog Cali dog what are they feeding you calidog cali dog its not your fault....." the smelly cat song from friends

oh dear....................

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Yep.me too.:eek:ut:
No particular tune but anything that comes into my head.

They love it.im actually through to boot camp.they told me.:confused: :eek:ut:

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Lol I'm always singing, I changed you are my sunshine to you are my tumshine for Tummel :eek:

Dan loves unchained melody....goes nuts when he hears it( robson and jeromes version is his favourite), Tummel loves LMFAOs sexy and I know it(especially if you wiggle while singing it) but he likes most music ;)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
My mum sings to Breeze all the time! Scooter just looks at her like she's lost the plot but Breeze loves it and will bark and "wooo" along if she's in the right mood :D

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Not altogether sure i should admit to this but i sing to my dog.

My son thinks im crazy, i've heard a builder working next door laughing in the garden and my neighour thinks i am crackers, but i love singing to Molly and she seems to like it! (good job she cant speak otherwise she might say otherwise!)
We have a selection of songs that i change the lyrics so that they fit in with her name and include:

Molly Moo, molly moo riding through the glen (sang to the robin hood theme)
Her name was Molly, she was a staffie (sang to copacabana song)
That's what makes her beautiful (that good old one direction song)

Does anyone else sing to their dogs or should i edit this post and pretend it was about something intellectual and not about singing to a staffie in the kitchen??
If you had seen some of the things and tactics I used (singing to him was one of them) to help Kobi as a pup and young dog when he had severe anxiety/ fear problems to try and help, honestly the little men in white coats would have carted me away and I would have been certified long ago.
:D

OH says that as I am tone deaf and cant sing a note in tune it probably beat him into submission or put him in shock:001_unsure:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I certainly dont sing, because I really cant, but I do constantly have a one way converstaion with Buloo, he even tilts his head at apropreate parts of the stories!
(He may actualy be thinking "what the hell is this one on about??" )

G

·
I sing to McKenzie :eek:

Most often I sing 'Business Time' by Flight of the Conchords, except I make the song more PG by changing it to 'Breakfast Time' :eek:

I sing other random stuff too :eek:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
When Skye was pregnant I sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to her every night, as the pup I was keeping was going to be called Star and I wondered what she would look like!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
i sing all the time!!!!
me and alfie are rockers lol but he is a massive biffy clyro fan and will even bark along so we frequently do duets :D
the men in white coats are well past due picking me up i know ha ha ha:eek:ut:

G

·
In really bad storms, when 3 of my then 9 dogs were terrified to scared, I used to sing really loudly, especially the high notes, and all 9 would join in and HOWL!!! At the end, they all felt better, but 2 were a disaster with thunder. At the end, I would say, Thank You, Thank you, Thank You. and they would stop, ona at a time, and I would say, Good job, Well done.Thank You.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.