UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beautiful girl has turned into a yeti :eek:....The pups are 16 wks old know and i just can't get the weight of her and her coat has gone mad...I have cut her food right down but it's made no difference.

Can i give her anything for her hormones to help settle them down?

She has yumega in her food once a day for her coat but is salmon oil better...will it improve her coat or will it put more weight on?

Someone suggested boiled cabbage and carrots instead of food...Now that sounds a bit harsh to me..I mean surely that will really upset her tum...I want to try and get her back to how she was..

Am i expecting to much to soon after the pups?

Any suggestions are very welcome PLEASE :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
You may be expecting a little too much! :eek:
Kuki took ages for her coat to get back into condition- aided by coconut oil in her food and brushed through her coat... It helped tons and normalised the coat within a few weeks of starting it...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd give it a little longer. My GSD came off her pups overweight (I would rather that than too thin) and it is only in the last couple of months I have got her back to her ideal weight, its not so much reducing the food as gradually building up the exercise, her pups are coming up to 8 months old.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My girl was also rather heavy after the pups had all gone. I just could not get her weight down. I now have her on a light complete food and I did up her exercise so she is looking a lot better but her coat is all over the place. The pups where 6 months last weekend.

Just give your girl time to let her body get back to normal and Im sure her coat will sort itself out, thats what Im hoping anyway!!!

Puppy Love x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.