UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simba is a little terror. We went to bed about midnight only for Simba to start charging around the bed and bedroom (He clearly didn't want to sleep). After waking up at 2-3 with him purring in my face, We finally got some sleep. Only untill 5am mind...At this time i was woken by my other half screaming like a girl...I woke to find Simba under the covers attacking OH's butt. I've never laughed so much in my life. OH said i was not aloud to tell anyone about it. So i posted on here and facebook. :laugh:

Hope everyones having a fab day.

The wright household x

·
Registered
39,165 Posts
my 5 sleep down stairs, i wouldnt get any sleep if they were bombing up and down the stairs and in and out the bedrooms,:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
My big cat Jenny sleeps at the bottom of the bed, or under the bed in our bedroom most nights she is quiet. As soon as she starts creating she gets shut in a room on her own.

When this happens she is then good for a week. :eek:

KItten has the kitchen all to himself.

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,445 Posts
Sounds oh so familiar :D Although I must add that once Meeko went to sleep ,he slept right through and often had to be wakened up for breakfast.He now sleeps mostly in the back room where he has his choice of comfort without humans interrupting his beauty sleep :rolleyes:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome to the mad, sleepless world of cat ownership!

Glad to hear he is making himself at home. We need more pics :)

Mine do sleep on the bed sometimes, but they usually get booted off for bad behaviour at some point :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for comments. He has settled in lovely. I have learnt my lesson about the bedroom issue. As much as i'd love to cuddle him always, 2-3 am is not the time. I also don't think Oh's bottom could take anymore. Lol!

I have a question.

Has anyone else had a kitten that keeps meowing.
He has everything he could possibly want. Had a vet check last week and came back all fine. He even does it when he is rubbing his head against your chin. I'm really unsure as to what he wants. Is this because he has left his mumma?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I think sometimes you do get verbal kittens mire than others Eric doesn't make a sound apart from purring where as nala loves to have a conversation with ya xx

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, the talking is because he doesn't have mum or siblings to talk to. He may stop or you may find you have a chatty cat who enjoys having conversations with you :)
Oh phew! i worried i had done something wrong. I asked him what he was doing this morning and he looked up and meowed. Very chatty lol :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thank you all for comments. He has settled in lovely. I have learnt my lesson about the bedroom issue. As much as i'd love to cuddle him always, 2-3 am is not the time. I also don't think Oh's bottom could take anymore. Lol!

I have a question.

Has anyone else had a kitten that keeps meowing.
He has everything he could possibly want. Had a vet check last week and came back all fine. He even does it when he is rubbing his head against your chin. I'm really unsure as to what he wants. Is this because he has left his mumma?
My boy kitten is very vocal at meal times and if he wants a cuddle. My girl cat is term quiet.

They both mimick certain words we say to them regularly, mainly hello... which is funny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.