Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Simba Draws The Line

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by egyptianreggae, Mar 26, 2014.

1. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

By and large, Simba and I are in agreement about the important things in life. We like to eat dinner, perhaps play a game involving me throwing a powerade bottle top for him to chase and retrieve, and then curl up together for a cuddle and a snooze. He's purred me through many a long, dark night of the soul. If I'm in bed, it's a given that he will be snuggled on my lap or alongside me. He's here every night. He's here now. And being an exceedingly decent sort of cat, he doesn't mind if I spend hours on my iPad or reading a book, pausing only to mumble, "Shove up, Sim" and move him into another spot on the bed. He bears the indignity, and so many others, with grace and good humour. He is a paragon of good behaviour.

However, he's still a cat, and like all cats, he has limits.

I was reminded of one last night, while trying to remove both cats from the living room, as Tiny was in a dangerously mischievous "scratch all the sofas because I can" kind of mood. Simba wasn't quite ready to leave, and hid inside his new cube. Without thinking, and because I was tired, irritable and frankly fed up of dealing with roguish feline antics, I reached inside the cube without looking, aiming to extract the recalcitrant grey cat.

The response was instantaneous and entirely in keeping with his character. I received two decisive taps on the back of my hand from a velvet-soft paw. No claws were out. He knew he didn't need to use them with me, those two taps would be enough to get his point across. It was almost as if he'd spoken, in the lugubrious, slightly posh voice I imagine him having, drawling, "I say, old girl, give over, would you? It's not very sporting of you to try to hound a chap out of his lair. I'll come out when I'm ready, thank you. Be an angel and fetch the Dreamies, would you?"

He emerged by himself after two minutes or so, with tremendous dignity and my abject apologies, which he received graciously. For a moment there, I imagined that I was in charge. How wrong, how very wrong I was.

2. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Simba, dear , you are SO right.....
    and so utterly dignified!!!! :eek:

3. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

What a very naïve thought lol :nono:

4. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

aww pulled from his bed with no prior warning like a common criminal before the fact :p

5. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Haha I can just imagine that!

Tap tap.. I'll come out when I'm good and ready thank you :)

6. cuddlycats

cuddlycats PetForums VIP

awww so cute ,I can just imagine the voice old boy hehe :)

#6 cuddlycats, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  7. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

Bad slave for getting ideas above your station! Bet simba had a little chuckle to himself!

8. ForeverHome

ForeverHome PetForums VIP

You have a wonderful way of making words form a picture.

9. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

He is a gentleman cat and a scholar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice