Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Silver Wedding Anniversary present ideas..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GiddyKipper, Mar 29, 2011.

1. GiddyKipper

GiddyKipper PetForums Member

For a couple who's marriage is best described as turbulent. Never really seen their anniversary as something to celebrate before. But there's an insistance that it gets acknowledged...

I have NO idea! :confused:
    My sister's suggesting a crystal vase as they have an Edinburgh Crystal collection, but it's an incredibly boring and expensive idea, and one I don't really think they'd care about. If they're going to get something, I'd like it to at least to be a little different.

Oh Great Oracle of the People of Pet Persuasions! Distill thy knowledge that doesn't include matching champagne flutes or silver frames smothered in love hearts!

Cheers ;)

2. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

Big roll of silver foil. Useful, shiny not too expensive, original :D

3. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

What about one of those red letter days for 2? you can get everything like spa days, racing cars, hot air balloon rides etc. Or get them a holiday, doesn't have to be anywhere expensive could be Ireland or theres some stunning places in Scotland that are perfect for romantic weekends. I would recommend the village of Killin in particular, the hotel is pretty decent price wise, gorgeous rooms and the food is also fantastic. Theres a lot of outdoor activities to pick from including canoeing(great fun!) and horseriding, some local tourist spots including Aberfeldy and Pitlochry fairly close and the scenery is beautiful!!!

ooo you've got my mind having a good think now....Mull is cheap and gorgeous do they like camping? OH was wanting to do that for our anniversary as he loves Mull. Or Lewis again pretty cheap to get to and stay on if they prefer something i bit more rugged in looks...plus theres tons of tourist spots and gorgeous beaches :eek: i'm from Lewis!

Whats the budget? The red letter days range from £40+ depending on what you go for. For a weekend to Mull i don't know where they'd be coming from but ferry, spending money, camping etc would probably be under £300 but don't quote me on that OH's the Mull expert.

#3 ballybee, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

How about a silver carriage clock, ????

5. GiddyKipper

That is ACTUALLY brilliant :D

6. GiddyKipper

I don't know if they'd hack a holiday together, but a day out sounds brilliant for them. Will look into balloon rides and stuff, thanks for that! :D

7. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

Was going to say get 2 then when they are empty they can bat each other over the head with them. But didn't want to offend

8. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

a star?............

9. GiddyKipper

Brilliant idea, but they've already got a brass/gold one to match the decor. In terms of gifts that was exactly what I was thinking. Nice, practical, just not soppy. Thank you so much for your help :)

10. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

lol no problem, got the idea as for my uncles 40th birthday my dads family chipped in and he spent the day tank paintballing with my dad :D

Firebox has a good range of RLD's for decent prices, planning on getting one for my parents anniversary this year it's such a nice idea.

11. GiddyKipper

Oh. My. God.

FUNNIEST IDEA EVER!!! :D :D
    *Dies*

12. GiddyKipper

Awesome idea! He's really into his astronomy too :D

13. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

a mantle clock you can get some lovely silver ones :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice